What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

Getting ready for a road trip with the raceX in a few weeks. The car is very low and a little hard to load/unload from my trailer. So I took the race wheels and tires off and replaced them with some Trons I had on hand to gain some ground clearance. Trons are much sexier too! 🙄 OK, maybe not.
View attachment 52528 View attachment 52529

I think the Trons have 175s on them. Check out the 4 race tires stacked next to a set of 4 185/60/13 tires. Just a bit more rubber on the 20x9.5 slicks. :cool:
View attachment 52527
Definitely a lot more rubber. Are you going to a track event with the car?

Getting ready for a road trip with the raceX in a few weeks. The car is very low and a little hard to load/unload from my trailer. So I took the race wheels and tires off and replaced them with some Trons I had on hand to gain some ground clearance. Trons are much sexier too! 🙄 OK, maybe not.
View attachment 52528 View attachment 52529

I think the Trons have 175s on them. Check out the 4 race tires stacked next to a set of 4 185/60/13 tires. Just a bit more rubber on the 20x9.5 slicks. :cool:
View attachment 52527

Update: Geez Jim, look at the picture at least. 165/70/13s on the Trons.
I have the same problem. -The front spoiler is touching ground when rolling on/off the trailer. How the heck do you get temperature in those wide tyres? I am running Nankang AR1 185/60 13 and I think my grip is good, but compared to 20x9.5 slicks my ride must be rather slippery.

Finished removing the leaking coolant pipes.
20210925_122416.jpg

20210925_122438.jpg

Yesterday and today I get to rip out old carpet, heat up and strip old insulation and glue, scrub with wire wheel, rust remover, more wire wheel, wire brush, paint remover, probably more wire wheel. eCK.

One side the jack support is missing and the other one is all twisted so will have to sort that out from under the car. Looks like the car fell while it was on the jack. Maybe I can re-tack with a spot welder if it will clear the rocker.

Ordered a POR 15 kit and fiberglass to patch the rust holes, they're not large enough to warrant floorboard replacements.

Made some carb gaskets, idle is now down to around 1200 w/o dying, still working on that.

I have a few idle jets, I think I'm at 40 now, what does everyone recommend for a 1300? PO had 65's, I'm pretty sure those are way too large.

I may need a passenger side door, if anyone knows of one for a '75. The bottom 10% is pretty much gone.

Also - car starts fine with fuse 1 (A) removed, but will not start with it installed. Can someone point me to the right color wire to ground for this to work? I think it is the seat belt connection.

Thanks everyone..

Last edited:
Hi , got one door back together,dash painted , inside trunk cleaned up , front and rear trunk lids ready to paint.

Attachments

• 2F157B81-AA1F-4A8A-B3DA-C5A7A02E7348.jpeg
    2F157B81-AA1F-4A8A-B3DA-C5A7A02E7348.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 47822319-2024-4271-AA6F-A05B9504A1F9.jpeg
    47822319-2024-4271-AA6F-A05B9504A1F9.jpeg
    250 KB · Views: 100
  • B2D2D5E8-C4AF-46C7-A881-5D8B50009045.jpeg
    B2D2D5E8-C4AF-46C7-A881-5D8B50009045.jpeg
    258.9 KB · Views: 99
Stupid "fix" for the day. I thought my rear DS tire was rubbing on the wheel well lip and someone asked if I had a spacer in the mix. I looked at it and indeed there was a stock 5mm spacer in there. So today I pulled the rear wheels and removed the spacers and remounted the wheels. Now the car won't move at all. :) Oops.

This is the point where I remembered that I tried this when I switched to the new 15" wheels about a year ago. DOH! :eek::mad: Oh well, I don't have time to fix it today, so tomorrow I will get the car rolling again. I did some measuring and the DS wheel well is about 1/4" higher of the ground than the PS. I guess I will be counting threads on the coil overs too when I pull the wheels.... again. :)

Stupid "fix" for the day. I thought my rear DS tire was rubbing on the wheel well lip and someone asked if I had a spacer in the mix. I looked at it and indeed there was a stock 5mm spacer in there. So today I pulled the rear wheels and removed the spacers and remounted the wheels. Now the car won't move at all. :) Oops.

This is the point where I remembered that I tried this when I switched to the new 15" wheels about a year ago. DOH! :eek::mad: Oh well, I don't have time to fix it today, so tomorrow I will get the car rolling again. I did some measuring and the DS wheel well is about 1/4" higher of the ground than the PS. I guess I will be counting threads on the coil overs too when I pull the wheels.... again. :)
OMG ! the black with the red stripe is absolutely stunning !

What kind of plastic pipe did you use?
If I can remember correctly, it was black PCV, I recall it was good for high temp and worked perfectly, you may want to some research as to temperature tolerances but I know the vehicle never had a problem after that.

If I can remember correctly, it was black PCV, I recall it was good for high temp and worked perfectly, you may want to some research as to temperature tolerances but I know the vehicle never had a problem after that.
The reason I asked is that PVC and CPVC have good pressure ratings that would be perfectly fine for the pressure in a cooling system but the temperature rating doesn't /didn't? cover temps above 200F.
That might have changed since I last worked with it and there are probably newer materials that would work.

Back