X's last day

Good advice but that's how I lived the last 8 years, grabbed one and ran with it, worked out well, 8 years, 60,000 miles and tons of fun, no regrets. Making a good car out of either of these two is WAY too much work for me right now. A few year hiatus and I will dive back in. Either a high end X or some other dream car. I sold off the blue "parts" car Sunday, hopefully the new owner shows up here eventually. It's a long term father son project to restore it. Great guys. My smashed one is getting picked up by the insurance scrappers in a day or two. I'll post the auction if I find it, going to coparts.

Any performance bits you can remove before the scrappers come?
I got his wheels, traded my Trons. They make my X look sooooi much better!

Attachments

• IMG_5800.JPG
    IMG_5800.JPG
    445.1 KB · Views: 88
I pulled off some the non-stock stuff I had added, stuff that I thought I sorta had a right to; the incorrect for '81 passenger side vent mirror, (it's frame was obliterated by the crash but the glass survived!!) the fiberglass front spoiler (gave that to Karl too), the wiper relays, the LED switch harness, I think that's it. I left the heavily modified instrument cluster in there; white face gauges, 140mph speedo (81's had 85mph) all the idiot lights were either relocated or repurposed, the next guy is in for some head scratch'n on that one (hopefully it goes to someone who connects here).
I wanted to go after the adjustable cam gear but that was too much work and really that style adjustable gear isn't all that great, IMHO. I did put all it's parts in the glove box, labeled.

Last edited:
Back