X's last day

jvandyke

True Classic
IMG_0953.JPG
Details to follow still on scene

Hey so sorry to see.

Hope you and anyone with is Ok

I fear to ask, were you t-boned by a light runner?

IMG_0955.JPG
IMG_0952.JPG
IMG_0956.JPG
IMG_0951.JPG
Hey so sorry to see.

Hope you and anyone with is Ok

I fear to ask, were you t-boned by a light runner?
yes, 17 year old girl blew the 4 way stop, I had stopped and pulled away but was concentrating on a herd of kids walking home from school and buses so wasn't scanning the the oncoming traffic as much as usual, she must have been flying as you can see she pushed the whole car over about 10 feet into the other lane. I heard her tell the police officer she "thinks" she stopped, she doesn't remember, pretty sure the physics ain't lying here though, I'd say she was doing at least 35. I was coming across the intersection from where you see the light grey car in the first picture, you can see how far she pushed me. Roof was off so saved, I caught glass in my forehead from the passenger window which was up about an inch or so but exploded all over the car.

There weren't passengers although hard to say if one in mine would have been hurt, probably at least a little, glass in the face at least no doubt
IMG_6585.JPG
IMG_6588.JPG

Look how thick the filler is from a previous impact repair, poor baby, it was a nice ride this afternoon, way in the background of the second picture is a school bus turning, that's a hairpin and although its in the city it was fun at 25 mph, it's last turn

now the insurance game, Hagerty has been good before, we'll see how it shakes out, I wonder what the buy back will be, too many good parts on that thing to crush it all

Glad you're okay. Time for a change anyway is one way to see the glass 1/2 full.
I fear driving in the stealth looking X1/9s like my 74... has that same flat black paint.

Did she send the text or download that Kardasian news feed? If I am not mistaken 70% of accidents are now having a device as a contributing factor. Best of luck with the aftermath. Glad you are OK!

Wait till tomorrow morning before you decide you are OK Jeff. You may be feeling it more by then.

Go for a simple medical settlement of:
drevil_million_dollars.jpg

ONE BILLION DOLLARS!!!!!

Seriously... glad you are in good shape. :) Too bad about the X. :(

I don't know, I think it'll buff right out. Lime green or bright yellow next time, now I know why sports cars are bright colors.

bTW i measure 19 ft she pushed me

Sorry form the loss but glad everyone involved is okay. Accidents do happen and more and more drivers involved were texting.
My daughter ran off the road a few years ago and just missed a telephone pole, she wouldn't admit she was texting but I had a sneaking suspicion she was. It was a life lesson learned for her and she won't even answer the phone now when she is driving. Hopefully it will be a lesson learned for the young lady also, too many lives lost due to the modern technology conveniences.

19ft? Oh yeah she came to a full stop at the four way! Ha! My son was driving down a two lane 55mph road and t-boned a dually pickup. Their story was they were slowing to make a right turn and he hit them... Cool except to avoid hitting the giant fender and rear wheels he would have needed to be flying off to the right of road. Three sides to every story(if two are involved) yours/hers/and what happened. If you were not at fault yours and what happened is closest.
Regards

Dang. Sorry to see and read about. Lawyer up no matter what. You may need physical therapy once tbe adrenaline leaves your body. Get medical attention immediately. Best C.Y.A.

Back