My Car So Far...

IMG_0664.JPG

Back to the fuel filter/pump refurbish here is the engine bay before and after I got there. It would be all together except one of the studs for the filter blew out so I'm currently drilling both out and replacing with bolt n nut
BertoneBA2.jpg

Last edited:
I also got the radiator support and the fuel filter bracket painted while I was repairing stud damage. And of course I just got a new speedo cable in the mail. Add it to the list.

IMG_0683.JPG

Coming along. Did you clear coat the aluminium fuel pump before putting it back? Looks like is has a fair bit of surface material loss from oxidation, etc. around the fuel inlet nipple.

View attachment 9365 I have the dash off as well and would like to start eliminating all the AC and Heater wiring as Im sure it would greatly simplify all this:

Nice to have dash -removed pics from various angles - helps me visualize what I need to address when I follow Clark & do a 308-based dash :D

I would have labelled all the harness connectors though - are you going to remember what goes where when it comes time to put it all back? Many of the connectors are similar.

Last edited:
It's amazing how a fresh coat of paint can make old parts look so good. The clean-up and pre-paint prep work is a big job though. Same with just cleaning up the engine bay and components, lots of dirty work but the results make an amazing difference.

Regarding the pictures and notations, I was going to answer Ian in a private message to avoid taking this off topic. But it looks like Ben might also be interested so I'll answer here...hope you don't mind. I am NO expert on technology and my system is old and simple, I have Windows 7 and use Chrome as my browser. I do not have (nor know how to use) things like "Photo Shop", so all of my pictures are saved in the viewer that comes included with all Windows OS (under "Pictures"). So here is how I do it. Pretty much any image found online can be saved to my photo viewer by right clicking on it and selecting "save as...". Once saved, I select the pic and "open" it with "Paint" (another standard 'free' Windows product). In Paint there are some simple tools that allow the addition of boxes, labels, color choices, free-style lines, etc., as well as re-sizing, cropping, etc. Honestly it was just trial and error to figure out how to use these tools (and I'm still learning more as I play with it). Once the image has been annotated it has to be 'saved', then it can be posted on the forum the same as any picture in your library. Wish I could show you guys screen shots of these steps but that's something I haven't tried yet so don't know how to do. Hope my explanation makes sense, perhaps someone with a better understanding of how to do such things can elaborate.

I dont mind Dr.jeff basically has it down. I do alot of graphic design and am a huge fan of hot keys since one of my works typically takes 4-5000 operations. A shortcut is to find the Prntsc key on your keyboard sometimes you need to hold the function button down at the same time to access it. Just hold Fnc and hit prntsc it will capture a screen shot of whatever you are looking at. Then open paint and hit Cntrl + v keys. Bam your screen shot is pasted to paint and u can use paint to do a bunch of stuff. Prntsc key is very under used and most people dont even know it exists. I have Adobe Illustrator so I can do a similar way as DrJeff only it imports to Illustrator instead of paint but not everyone has that. On the topic of hot keys they are pretty universal even across mac and pc so well worth learning they will save you a ton of time and make u looks super cool

I have a few more pics to post tonite and will try and include some more dash pics from diff angles if it helps. Also... quick vote do people like thumbnails or full size photos in the thread?

I've tried using the 'print screen' key before but could not get it to work. However your explanation includes a couple things (additional keys/steps) that I did not know to do. So I'll try it again your way. Thanks.

Personally I prefer full sizes pics....less steps to view them.

I have a few more pics to post tonite and will try and include some more dash pics from diff angles if it helps. Also... quick vote do people like thumbnails or full size photos in the thread?

Full size pics. It' a PITA when you have to click back & forth bewtween browser tabs as the thumbnails will need to open a spearate tab for viewing, which of course we want to do :D

On a Mac, no PrntSc key, so Shift-Command-4 gives you the target to select an area of the screen. Shift-Command-4- then SpaceBar selects a window. Easier to right-click & save image, then annotate, etc., IMO.

I've tried using the 'print screen' key before but could not get it to work. However your explanation includes a couple things (additional keys/steps) that I did not know to do. So I'll try it again your way. Thanks.

Personally I prefer full sizes pics....less steps to view them.

'print screen' is the same as 'copy'. So if you hit print screen, open up MSpaint (for example) and simply do a ctr+v, it will paste your screen into Paint for you to edit. Hope that helps

Sorry, this is taking it way off topic. But I tried the print screen process just you both described and it still does not work for me. Not a big deal though.

Today is a momentous day. For some of you who have been watching my progress you've probably seen how much is wrong with my car. It's fair to say it was a basket case. But, the one thing it had going for it was that the chassis was pretty rust free and it also provided a blank canvas to let me do what I want with the car. When I bought it the wiring was so bad that the car wouldn't even start, I had to trailer it home. Nothing worked. No lights, no turn signals, no running lights, no brake lights, nada zip. I did get the engine started pretty quickly but sorting all the electrics has been a huge ongoing job since the day I bought the car.

Because I had the dash out to tackle the heater/AC I took a couple of days to finally sort that birds nest out once and for all. So after hours and hours combing through the wiring diagrams and running from side to side with my Multi-Meter I now have light! Headlights hi and low, though still working on getting the motors to pop up. Turn signals are good. Running lights check. Brake lights, you betcha. I even got the dash to light up when I do things yay! Although I decided not to cut out the heater/AC wiring I did decide to identify it and tuck it away where the heater box was out of the way. Doing that simplified my options and made things easier to chase down. I repaired no less than 8 wires that were cut. Re-pinned 2 connectors. Replaced a flasher and some fuses. Unplugged the wrong connection, re-plugged the correct one sitting next to it. And, made sure all my grommets were cozy. As I went along things started to work one at a time until almost everything lights wise works. This was on top of other things I've done along the way like a new fuse/circuit board and some bulbs.

The only thing I have to chase down are the headlight motors. I lifted them by hand and they were free. Needs investigating.

IMG_0732.JPG

IMG_0734.JPG

Also here are some different shots with the dash removed if interested for those who are thinking about projects.

IMG_0727.JPG
IMG_0724.JPG
IMG_0722.JPG

Back