Any interest in new production X1/9 STAINLESS expansion tanks?

wow!!!

Hey Bob
Nice luster like this :D

PUYhH9E.jpg

Yves :grin:

wow Yves!!!

:eyepop:

just beatiful job!!!

Yeah its nice but come on, look at those vapor hoses the fabric is old and frayed looking. Those are some serious demerit points at the FLU Concours, you know those judges are sticklers that make those hacks at Pebble Beach look like unknowledgeable wimps who will let almost anything through.

Kidding, kidding...:worship:

It does look great indeed.

I'll buy one for sure.
any chance for that matching shiny brake reservoir...

We are working to develop an exact OE style, stainless steel tank, (without exaggeration a "lifetime solution") with a vendor. This will have the same flanged clamshell, seam welded construction and exact dimensions of the original tank, suitable for all model years of X1/9.

Yes, you can't beat chrome

But that will drive up the cost big-time.
So Yves, because yours is not polished, I think you should send it to me so that I can trade you for a polished one. :p:devil:

Count Me In

I got the radiator, I might as well go for the full Monty...:nod:

Chrome

You're right Bob not polished but chromed.
I think Lucie and I need to drive to NH to show you and drink to that ... HiHiHi and visit again all of your's inventory spare parts!:eyepop:

Maybe next summer ...

Sounds good to me Yves,

We've got PLENTY of spares here now.
Going to pick up yet another X tomorrow... Parts car though. The body is way over the limit.

You and Lucy are always welcome! :)

PiggyBack Product

Matt, if they made these at 1/3 the size and put the fill cap on the side and not the top, they would be 85% along the way to making a replacement X1/9 brake fluid reservoir.

Is it too far of a leap to see what the possibilities are?

You should make them universal

You should get them made universal for X1/9's and Scopions/Montecarlos.
I know there are a few aluminum Scorpion expansion tanks out there as well.

W

Back