Any interest in new production X1/9 STAINLESS expansion tanks?

For those who keep asking...

I'm up for two, polished with brackets like Bob suggested would be great.

:confuse2: Did you read Matt's update?:
...to all of those who want polished tanks, unfortunately this won't be an offering for this go-round. Plain stainless at this point, but with a little Mother's or jeweler's rouge, a wheel, and 45 minutes of your time, you can achieve the great results that others have shown.

Update: Final Price, Details, and Link for Deposit

Hey folks,

Some extra details:

Final price will be $148.99.

This round of production will NOT be polished, and will include steel mounting brackets.

I know everyone wants more bling, but to keep costs down, this is how we have to do it for this initial production.

We are now accepting $75 deposits through the link below, payable with credit card or PayPal:

http://www.midwest-bayless.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=208227&c=192465&i=318111415

When the tanks are in, we will forward each person who issued a deposit an invoice for the balance with shipping charges added.

Thanks for your enthusiasm on the project!

-Matt
Midwest-Bayless

Last edited:
Tank

I have already replaced my plastic tank one and not wanting to replace it again due to a crack in the plastic. i put my deposit in, looking forward to getting a great tank.

The Dies and prototype are complete!

I wanted to let everyone know that the dies for construction and the initial tank assembly from the manufacturer are complete.

As you can see, it is a 100% faithful reproduction of the original shape and style.

The filler neck and outlets obviously are not included in these shots, but will be on final production.

Thanks to everyone who has supported the project to this point. As written before, if anyone wants in on these, a link for deposit is below!

http://www.midwest-bayless.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=208227&c=192983&i=318111415

tank-prototype-a.jpg

tank-prototype-b.jpg

tank-prototype-c.jpg

-M

Last edited:
Matt link to deposit page doesn't work...

Maybe its too long? You can try and insert the web link in a text or something...

y Matt, that's pretty darn cool,

Finding someone who can bust that shape into stainless had to be a trick to do.
Those should polish up nicely.

Got a question though. Are you going to use the same brass fittings "silver soldered", or do you have other plans?

Getting closer...!

The batch is complete, and with a little luck, we'll be distributing in a week or two.

tanks.jpg

Again, thank you for all who have submitted deposits, and for those who have not, a few extras will remain for sale.

-M

WOW! Tom wrote and told me, Matt...

that he really worked hard on these! I think he did a good job and deserves a RAISE!

HA! Of interest also, and I guess only to us... is to see sooooo many of these jewels in ONE place and ONE time and in ONE box!

Back