Engine swap photos

sorry to revive a month old thread, but do you happen to know how that shift linkage compares to a dodge 2.2T with the weaker tranny out of the two? (its built up so i'm not too worried about it)
i know that's kind of outta left field but figured no harm in asking

not sure exactly...

never seen the shift linkage mechanism for that type of car. I assume it is some sort of shift rod and not a cable type of shifter. It would be easy to cut and weld the Honda Civic universal joint to the end of your shift rod (that's assuming the engine and gearbox layout are the same as mine). Hope that helps. Just remembered too that somebody on this forum has done that type of swap. Maybe they'll chime in with the real answer

yeah there are 2, maybe 3 that i've heard of. i've talked to them a couple of times but it seems like we never get online at the same time
thanks anyway, we'll have to meet up some time once mine's done and see how the diff swaps compare :guitar:

2.2 turbo

depending on the trans, 2 were offered (ok, more were, but basically 2) on was cable and one was rod. I attempted the modify the rod type to work and it never really worked well. I switched to cable, reversed the shift lever (from the dodge) in the car so the cables pointed to the back. From that point I reversed the levers they attached to on the trans. (push went to pull, etc...) that worked perfect and was as smooth as the tranny was on the normal car (I use the term "smooth" loosly as I never quite liked the 2.2 shifting)

I dont remember if I scanned them, but I have rough drawings from Rob, the guy who I learned about the swap from, that shows the reversing of the levers. the cool part is your clutch slave will bolt onto an existing hole on the trans. then you reverse the clutch lever 180 and poof! the hydraulic clutch will work perfectly!

Odie

I have worked with many tech guys that have fabbed show cars for the Detroit auto show and I can tell you that you have done a super stellar job. I am greatly impressed.

Two Thumbs Way Up!!!

Wow! What nice detail. The fit looks very impressive also. What is that engine rated at in terms of BHP?

Thats a really clean conversion that looks factory fitted! I like the little simplistic spoiler on the rear boot. Whats it from?

Spoiler is...

The spoiler is a cheapo ebay universal spoiler made of a type or flexible rubber material and is attached via double sided tape. After having it on the car for a few months now I may end up taking it off as I kind of miss the clean line of the trunk lid.

The spoiler is a cheapo ebay universal spoiler made of a type or flexible rubber material and is attached via double sided tape. After having it on the car for a few months now I may end up taking it off as I kind of miss the clean line of the trunk lid.

Ever get a vid?

You know, I have to be honest here,. Ive always strongly disliked those iron cross wheels. Always thought they were the ugliest Fiat wheel made. Then you go and put them on your x and they look f in great. Your whole car is one of those rare cars that is put together so well that all others will be measured against it in the future, and most if not all will come up short, congratulations on a job, more then well done.

Wow, nice install

Real nice job, looks immaculate! How did you get round linking up the shifter?

Iain

thought this thread was dead...

The shifter and the whole swap for that matter is explained in the link on page 1 or 2 of this thread. I've had the car down for the winter and while it was down I relocated the battery to the spare tire compartment (lightweight battery) and redid the torque mount so it's much stronger now and a better design. I still hope to take some vids soon but work is really busy right now and that will have to be a near term project. Took the car to get weighed today. It weighs 2040 lbs. with top on, about 2020 with it off. That's with about 5 gals of fuel onboard. I'd like to shave off another 20 pounds so when people ask me how much it weighs I can say "it weighs a ton".

it will never die!

I am getting my b16 tuned in the civic I bought it in. pretty close. TPS sensor is bad. its been replaced once (screws instead of rivet-screw) once it is running with no CEL, it comes out and into the X!

Odie

Back