FFO 2022 the old guys will attend

You could let the air out of the trailer tires to lower it 4 inches. :cool:
Well Jim you have me beat as I never thought of that and will consult with Bob Martin on your idea. I did bring a very small 12 volt air compressor that could pump up the tires, but it may take 4 hours to do so.

Here are some pictures of today's events. Bob and I went Shot gun Shooting today and here are a few pictures. The hotel is in off season so things here are limited and the biggest complain both of us old guys have is there is no clock in the rooms. So in the middle of the night I need to turn on the light, put on my glasses to read my wrist watch to find out what time it is. The sun comes up at 7:00 AM and goes down at 7:00 AM. Hilton work with us, please we are old and set in our ways.

TonyK With Bob Martin in the Woodland Texas FFO 2022

Attachments

• IMG_0456.JPG
    IMG_0456.JPG
    568.2 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0461.JPG
    IMG_0461.JPG
    506.9 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    363.1 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0467.JPG
    IMG_0467.JPG
    384.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0449.JPG
    IMG_0449.JPG
    297.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0455.JPG
    IMG_0455.JPG
    560.1 KB · Views: 104
One more out of the box idea that has a cost. If you are beat at the end of the week, call a towing company for a roll back truck. Load the cars on the roll back, then transfer them to your flatbed.

One more out of the box idea that has a cost. If you are beat at the end of the week, call a towing company for a roll back truck. Load the cars on the roll back, then transfer them to your flatbed.
Thanks Jim, but that would cost us another $400 to $500 for a Sunday, We will manage.

Yesterday we went to a car museum and there was a great collection of all kinds of cars.

A drive back to the hotel and then later in the day we headed out off hotel sight for a meet and greet. There were over 200 people attending.

Just a note here at the hotel there is no clock in any rooms, so I have no idea what time it is until I sit up, turn on a tri light and look at my wrist watch. Because of this I don't sleep much. First hotel I have ever stayed at that does not have clock on the night table. Also I brought a pillow from home, house keeping took it and now MIA.

The raffle car was uncovered just before dinner, looks nice. The hall had terrible acoustics and most of us could not understand what the speakers were saying and that was a disappointment.
IMG_0494.JPG
IMG_0507.JPG
IMG_0529.JPG
IMG_0531.JPG
IMG_0534.JPG
IMG_0537.JPG

Tony, just use your cell phone for a clock like everyone else. 😈:cool:

Very odd that they would take your pillow. Seems the resort is not all that awesome.

I am going to wash the 86 and go to a CnC tomorrow morning. It will be in the low 40F range, but hopefully will warm up quick

Jim I don't have a cell phone.... Bob has the same issue with his flip phone, he needs to put his glasses on to read the small numbers on the screen.

TonyK With Bob Martin in the Woodlands Texas.

Jim I don't have a cell phone....
I know Tony, it was a joke. Or I thought it was anyway. :)

My wife just got back from Disney and said there were no clocks in their rooms. Must be a new way to reduce maintenance calls and aggravate customers.

I think I spy a @TonyK in this picture one of my 500 friends sent to our group chat, among others.

The guy who sent this is Paul R, drives a white Abarth 500c Cabrio, super nice guy if you bump into him.
received_861735421899015.jpeg

Today we did a drive to the Yankees Tavern, my opinion a bikers brawl tavern, we were there before dark. About 80 Fiat's decended on this venue by many different approaches. Directions to the venue a mess. What's app for directions, really. How in the hell can I look at a phone and drive at the same time. Way points programed into the GPS would be a solution. Texas drivers are always in a hurry. 75 mile an hour speed limits and there is always someone on your 6 wanting a 40 year old car to go faster. People, drivers here are ignorant and aggressive and in the back of my mind, they all carry guns.

We stopped at the tavesrn and then after lunch Bob, Jerry and I set out to go the local Fiat Dealership that gave us a tour. Nice people that have a valid interest in the product and are sold out of Fiat vehicles. The evening we watched the movie Ford V Ferrari and called it a night. The Abarth Powered X1/9's are running fine with little surprizes.

TonyK with Bob Martin here in The Woodlands Texas.

IMG_0541.JPG
IMG_0542.JPG
IMG_0543.JPG
IMG_0551.JPG
IMG_0553.JPG
IMG_0554.JPG
IMG_0556.JPG
IMG_0558.JPG

Texas drivers are always in a hurry. 75 mile an hour speed limits and there is always someone on your 6 wanting a 40 year old car to go faster. People, drivers here are ignorant and aggressive and in the back of my mind, they all carry gun
Oh my, don’t even know what to do with all that.

Wait - did you show up here unarmed????

Oh my, don’t even know what to do with all that.

Ahahahaha...you guys should have swung thru old east dallas- I woulda given you a loaner...
I do have a secret compartment in my X for my derringer, never know down here

Underrated comment lol

But yeah, driving in Texas is definitely a very different experience...some love it some hate it. Personally I love how hectic it is in Austin and Houston but it's not for everyone admittedly.

No just the silliness of big truck, gotta have mah protection reality of the place. Then there is the driving around there…
Boys boys….take it easy now…😁
Canadian politics (resulting laws) right now are absolutely ridiculous….our gun laws were very restrictive before…now they’re absurd.🙁
In my opinion, that is…don’t want to get in trouble..

Event day. A short drive to a park in The Woodlands community and on to the show field. Lots of rules here in this engineered community. Once on the field we had to stay until 2:00 PM or get fined. Since it was in the park there were a lot of locals walking through and taking pictures and asking questions. I was able to put my drone up and take some pictures. No Group Picture this year. The way the cars were laid out there really wasn't a front or back as all cars faced the sidewalk around the park where we were on the grass. The day was about 88 degrees but it is dry here which a help for comfort and being outside all day. On the down side Bob and I could not vote. My email is on my home PC that I signed up for the event and I don't have a cell phone. Bob only has a flip phone, so we drove a lot of miles to attend but were squeezed out on that one. One other thing was that there were no printed maps, everything was done on smart phones and again, how can I drive by myself and look at a phone the same time. GPS way points would be a solution. We got lost a few times on the drives. The night ended up a the Dosey Doe bar and grill, awards and a band afterward. Bob and I left on the first bus back it was only a 15 minute drive back to the hotel.
IMG_0559.JPG
IMG_0560.JPG
IMG_0561.JPG
IMG_0565.JPG
G0091780.JPG
G0101787.JPG
IMG_0575.JPG
IMG_0578.JPG

TonyK with Bob Martin in the Woodlands Texas.

Last edited:
Back