Has anyone used a 124 instrument cluster in an X ?

...Of the seven I have owned, this one was my favorite. I went through several upholstery shops before I got those seats the way I envisioned them. Bob has this car both mechanically and electrically much better than it was under my guard.
Congrats!
Yeah Im stoked. Ive been finding it tough to fall asleep every night since we struck a deal. My wife and I got married last march and tamed the dragon, and our plan is to go back every year to celebrate our anniversary, so there I am laying in bed dreaming of the wind in my hair and 318 curves in my eyes :woot:

Smart decision Xmem!

Yes, flying up to NH in Feb or March so there will be less salt on the road then driving back to NC. Might tow it behind the RV we're getting

A BB special does not get better. :thumbsup: Do a search on the car because Bob gave us updates throughout his upgrades...

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/3865/

http://xwebforums.com/forum/index.php?threads/3569/

Those were 2 links I found... there is another glamour shot with Bob holding the entire wiring harness :eyepop:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another BB 4RE pic...

...when she had 13" Daytonas up front, and 14" in the rear...
BB4REs.jpg

very nice. Im thinking of getting 1in spacer/4x100 adapters so itll have a a wider track and more wheels options available. Its always been a dream of mine to be one of those wheel whores we all love to hate.. you know the ones with all the awesome 70's/80s wheels tucked away and makes you green with envy. I like steering wheels too

If you're referring to the cluster,

I've not modified the gauge cluster. It's all original and not modified with LED's.
I put so much money in the car that I decided to stop with the mods.
The LED's that I use are expensive, so it didn't get that upgrade.
I think I did put a blue LED in the high beam indicator so it would be bright like the rest of the indicators.

The electrical upgrades that the car DID get are: (car is 1979)
1. A refurbished late model (1986) wiring harness and fusebox
2. BBrown's version of the brown wire mod. (8 Ga from battery to Fusebox)
3. # 4 Ga 10" Neg. battery cable to chassis
4. BBrown Insertable headlight mod installed
5. New ground trees from Matt Brannon Midwest Bayless
6. Stereo properly installed.
7. Refurbished clock
8. Door card lights and switches.
9. Perfect late model dash with all switches and late model steering console switch assembly.
10. New plug wires

That's all I can think of at the moment..

Yup, definately an upgrade

from the previous ones that were all corroded with a RUSTY star washer underneath. :wink2:

No soldered eye connections. These are all original spade connections.

is it difficult to swap in leds ? If not too bad, tell me how much the LEDs are and what youd charge to have them done

Not difficult to swap LED's BUT

I think you should look at it's current state before you decide to do it.
I ran the car at night and it's not so bad. Not as good as adding additional lighting, but still not bad.

too true. Ive never driven an X with lights working the way the should, so it'll probably work out. I just remember my other cars and how dim they would be (headlights included) and how sometimes if id hit a puddle of standing water they'd flicker or go out briefly:shock:

Back