k20 swap

Ok, so how about this!!!! move the alternator where the power steering pump wood go and the AC where the alt is!!
I’m sure that can be done but then you have to custom fab two mounting brackets instead of just one. It’s just depends on how clever you are and the skills and tools at your disposal.

Ok, so how about this!!!! move the alternator where the power steering pump wood go and the AC where the alt is!!

You could, but what MWB and Rodger did is the same but opposite: AC goes where power steering was (the MWB kit includes an idler that replaces the PS). Could work. Not sure what the gains are in doing that tho. I think you should try it!

I know that K-tuned makes kits to use a smaller alternator and to use an electric water pump with a block off plate for the stock location, but my understanding is that these are for race cars, not street applications.

I know that K-tuned makes kits to use a smaller alternator and to use an electric water pump with a block off plate for the stock location, but my understanding is that these are for race cars, not street applications.
20170930_134806-e1508044072824-1200x675.jpg

Electric WP is an option for sure and I wouldn't necessarily say its race car only application, however I would think long and hard about it for a daily driver. Depending upon the pump, they are generally good for 3k hours.

20170930_134806-e1508044072824-1200x675.jpg

Electric WP is an option for sure and I wouldn't necessarily say its race car only application, however I would think long and hard about it for a daily driver. Depending upon the pump, they are generally good for 3k hours.

So 90k miles, I think that sounds like an easy one... an electric pump is quite efficient electricity wise and easy to replace if you place it properly.

Given the lower power requirements of an X a smaller alternator likely doesn’t pose too much of an issue. My 87 with AC only has a 70amp alternator and these small Denso alternators can be had with that amp level.

I’m sure that can be done but then you have to custom fab two mounting brackets instead of just one. It’s just depends on how clever you are and the skills and tools at your disposal.
I'll study it more and see what mounting holes are the block. I have access to everything I need as far as fab is concerned. I wood feel more comfortable runnin the factory water pump, as it will be a daily driver.

IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0426.JPG
hay Roger, here are some pics of the door, but i personal woodnt use use it!! but i guess the good this is that she want 40 bucks for the door

Attachments

• IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0422.JPG
    243.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    258.4 KB · Views: 139
Back