Yes, the Photobucket change really ticked me off. I get an email from them every few days telling me I am over the free storage and I need to delete photos or pay. Fat chance. Someday, I will go in and put the original photos in my threads and get rid of the Photobucket links but it is low on my priority list.

Thank you for putting up with them - your build thread has been so invaluable for my project. I've saved a bunch of pages to pdf just so I don't risk losing them!

Sorry if offtopic.
My RPM gauge lies a bit in “geometric progression” I guess. With ECU I have RMP stock gauge can be altered in arithmetic progression. My knowledge about electronics is weak.

That thing in tachometer ?transistor? that can be adjusted with screwdriver - by adjusting it is it techinaclly possible to mach actual rpm with offset and then alter it from ECU by that offset amount?

Or can I damage ecu by adjusting that electronic component? 😬

This thing like in photo I mean
5A058D5D-B112-41EF-9DB0-CBDE1C5BBC69.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry if offtopic.
My RPM gauge lies a bit in “geometric progression” I guess. With ECU I have RMP stock gauge can be altered in arithmetic progression. My knowledge about electronics is weak.

That thing in tachometer ?transistor? that can be adjusted with screwdriver - by adjusting it is it techinaclly possible to mach actual rpm with offset and then alter it from ECU by that offset amount?

Or can I damage ecu by adjusting that electronic component? 😬

This thing like in photo I mean
View attachment 42242
I vaguely recall a discussion about that "adjustment" here a couple years back. Sadly I don't remember very much that was said, although I think something about it having a very small effect??? Sorry I'm no help.

Those are variable resistors also known as potentiometers in the photo. I don't know if twiddling with them would likely damage anything but would likely affect the calibration depending on where they are in the circuit. That may be why they are there. If you want to adjust them to see what the effect is, you might want to take a photo of their factory position just in case.

I have a question about the gauge install. the marshall gauges i saw have large chrome rings did you remove them or is there another set. They look great....

Fixed all of the Photobucket issues with this thread, too. I think at this point, I have all of my K20 build threads free of Photobucket! :D

At first I thought this was recent and was going to comment, then I saw it was 2015.

To others, that cluster was a UK cluster, hence the mph speedo, but otherwise European as mentioned (the icons and the oil pressure gauge). And the "fog light" icon/light at the top right is actually a rear fog light icon/light.

Mods looked great for a K20.

Back