MOST beautiful X1/9

For a modified this is one of my faves. Clean and considered. That white stripe though...
White stripe not to everyone's taste, but it's inspired by the Filipinetti X1/9, said to be the first racing X1/9, 16 valve 1300 from 1973.
Photo1500163-Enhanced.jpg
IMG_0223.JPG

It's not that I don't like it, it's just abbreviated to the sides, I dig the wrap-around of the racer one and maybe grab some extra side ducts and give them the white album treatment too?

Hussein,
You have good reason to be proud. You did a great job. And you listened to critics. I wouldn't put your car in the 5 best x19 on the planet, but in one of the next 5 spots!

OK. As with all things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are many good looking X1/9s, however I LOVE mine 🤪 - thanks to all the forum members who push me to make it the best it can be

It makes a very compelling argument for blacking out all the chrome bits! And for round taillights. And [etc., etc.].

Its my understanding the Filipinetti wasnt run with a 16V engine
Oops, I think you are correct. Looks like I got some wrong info off the internet. It looks like the 16V pic was from a Dallara, the correct sohc head with fuel injection in the next pic.

Attachments

• motor4_73_p2_hp.jpg
    motor4_73_p2_hp.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 153
  • bild14.jpg
    bild14.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 157
Oops, I think you are correct. Looks like I got some wrong info off the internet. It looks like the 16V pic was from a Dallara, the correct sohc head with fuel injection in the next pic.

There are book mentions that Filipinetti and Mike Parks may have done some R&D collaboration testing the Dallara engines in the Filipinetti X thou. But it was never "officially" raced using the 16V Dallara engine😊

the italian license plate on the blue x in the first page (paul's X) is not correct for the car: TO55.. it a plate from1960something, a correct TO (Turin district) plate for a 1974 car should be TOHxxxxx; my 1972 128 has TOG9xxxx
the italian plates up to 1994 were simple a progressive registration number (letters come up after 999.999), so from the plate you can know the year of the registration

Thought I would go with the Mad Max post-apocalyptic wasteland look to 'celebrate' our current condition.

I couldn't help but think of Yeats: "Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; mere anarchy is loosed upon the world ... What rough beast, its hour come round at last, slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"

I like it. One question: judging by the dust-prints, it looks like somebody's been sitting on the hood. Was that before or after the spiked rail was attached?

Poor thing. On today's roads that thing looks like a chihuahua that's looking to take on Bullmastiffs. Pretty stupid. Swat it out of the way and carry on.

OK. As with all things, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are many good looking X1/9s, however I LOVE mine 🤪 - thanks to all the forum members who push me to make it the best it can be

IMG-20200716-151743.jpg

IMG-20200716-163337.jpg

IMG-20200715-162423.jpg
WOW, incredible work! Why weren't you teaching shop when I was in school?
Although, being from the U.K. I thought you would have chosen Matchbox instead of Hot Wheels ;)

WOW, incredible work! Why weren't you teaching shop when I was in school?
Although, being from the U.K. I thought you would have chosen Matchbox instead of Hot Wheels ;)

Indeed - Matchbox "SuperFast" would have been my choice as a child. However, the Hot Wheels logo just looks better for the X1/9, and I don't need to explain it :D

Back