Performing Honda K24a3/AST5 6spd Conversion

Hussein, congrats for the sale.
I wish you will continue to read us on the forum even you are no more a Fiat owner. 😔
Take care my friend.

Dang that is developing fast!
Great sale price IMHO, hope it was what you were looking for!

On a second note, please keep posting your other NFC content. I so enjoy reading and watching!
Congrats.

Just don’t total up your receipts :)
I was sitting with my Mum - she was getting excited when it dropped under 10sec then the bid(s) came in. I was of course hoping it would keep going, but at least this covers the cost of the 280Z and everything I put into it so far...
Yeah as far as the cost of the Fiat, the big ticket was the K swap. I must have spent at least $10,000 on that.
Edit - I will actually tally some of the bigger tickets, I can use it come tax time.

I think I have said this before, however I'm not going anywhere lol, you will have to put up with me for sometime to come. 😁

The gentleman that won, actually lives only about half an hour from me. So in some ways that's a relief, as I don't have to worry about what might happen to it in shipping, since it is so low with that nose/spoiler setup.
He will be picking up the car next Monday, so I can go over a bunch of things with him in person which is great.

The gentleman that won, actually lives only about half an hour from me. So in some ways that's a relief, as I don't have to worry about what might happen to it in shipping, since it is so low with that nose/spoiler setup.
He will be picking up the car next Monday, so I can go over a bunch of things with him in person which is great.
Plus, you’ll be able to fix it for him when he breaks it :):) . Congrats on the sale!

Plus, you’ll be able to fix it for him when he breaks it :):) . Congrats on the sale!
An income opportunity when he retires.

It's probably too close to the parting for me to think about seeing it again anytime soon for repairs🤪
I'm going to hope he has someone competent to take it to for work. He has another Dallara style body '87 X1/9 and another regualr X1/9. He's not on here, as he referenced looking at my build work on "xweb or whatever it's called".

I am going to emphasize that he should communicate with me should something besides routine maintenance be required.

Last edited:
It's probably to close to the parting for me to think about seeing it again anytime soon for repairs🤪
I'm going to hope he has someone competent to take it to for work. He has another Dallara style body '87 X1/9 and another regualr X1/9. He's not on here, as he referenced looking at my build work on "xweb or whatever it's called".

I am going to emphasize that he should communicate with me should something besides routine maintenance be required.
Hopefully you can talk him into joining here. Anyone with 3 X's needs to be on this forum!!

I'm sad about it. I've willingly (with a couple exceptions) invested much time & energy into this car. It is a bitter sweet thing for sure.
I couldn't watch the close of the auction, as planned. I must admit I was a little bummed, when I checked this morning and saw that it had sold.
However, it was great to see so many people acknowledge your passion, the quality of your work and the unique thing that you created. Another testament to your efforts was that the "peanut gallery" was very small during the entire auction. Bravo!, and congratulations on the sale!

Hopefully you can talk him into joining here. Anyone with 3 X's needs to be on this forum!!
I'll suggest he do so, for sure. Are you going to MWB this August? I'm going to take the 280Z out.
I couldn't watch the close of the auction, as planned. I must admit I was a little bummed, when I checked this morning and saw that it had sold.
However, it was great to see so many people acknowledge your passion, the quality of your work and the unique thing that you created. Another testament to your efforts was that the "peanut gallery" was very small during the entire auction. Bravo!, and congratulations on the sale!
Thanks Tom. I'm planning on going to the Carlisle Import Show in May, and the MWB open house in August, are you going to either this year? It would be great to catch up. Otherwise perhaps another informal meet, since you aren't that far from me :)

Well done bud your gonna miss the x for sure but your gonna love the z ive done it so many times and wished i hadn't but wanted to try different cars has ive said in the past one of my biggest regrets selling the z

I'll suggest he do so, for sure. Are you going to MWB this August? I'm going to take the 280Z out.

Thanks Tom. I'm planning on going to the Carlisle Import Show in May, and the MWB open house in August, are you going to either this year? It would be great to catch up. Otherwise perhaps another informal meet, since you aren't that far from me :)
I was going to tow the X last year but my GF mother became ill so we didn't go. Not sure I want to tow a car that far so I may just drive the 500 Abarth instead. We may both have job changes coming so its too early to tell if we're in yet. I hope to be though.

I was going to tow the X last year but my GF mother became ill so we didn't go. Not sure I want to tow a car that far so I may just drive the 500 Abarth instead. We may both have job changes coming so its too early to tell if we're in yet. I hope to be though.
"God Forsaken" or "Girl Friend(s)? I know I feel that way about my mom sometimes, when she does stupid things and gets herself very ill... 🤪
Anyhow, here's hoping that your year up through then goes well, and perhaps I'll see you out there 🙂

Back