Performing Honda K24a3/AST5 6spd Conversion

Replaced the ac clutch today. I bought one meant for a Mini, so I had to change the harness connection, and modify the outer magnet plate hub, the Mini version had a smaller OD compressor shaft. Also had to redrill the magnet mounting plate. Why might ask why go to all the bother, it was because the Volvo factory clutch is over $250, if you can find one, vs. $50 for any number of readily available sanden clutches . When I looked online, for ones that might fix the Volvo DCH compressor, I was focused on the bearing depth and dimensions.

New belt length is (6PK)1650, 25mm shorter due to reduced OD of the pulley.

PXL_20240314_173553665.jpg

PXL_20240314_191040588.jpg

Took some back & forth to get the plate clearance in the .010-.015" clearance range. Fortunately I had a stash of M4 stainless washers

PXL_20240314_201337809.jpg

Engine bay needs some detailing, the body shop left my car out in the rain, uncovered when they had it last fall. I NEVER did that - if it ever got wet, I drove it until it was dry back there.PXL_20240314_215456885.jpg

Hussein,
you are turning a page in your "X" history.
So much time, energy and passion. Good luck with selling.
Thank you, Yves. Are you planning to attend the MWB open house this summer? If so perhaps I will get to see you there. I just plan on going even if I don't have the Fiat.

Last edited:
Thank you, Yves. Are you planning to attend the MWB open house this summer? If so perhaps I will get to see you there. I just plan on going even if I don't have the Fiat.
Unfortunately I will not be present at the MWB open house this year.
We have already reserved a chalet in the Saguenay region in the same period of the MWB open house.
I would really like to be present at the MWB open house, maybe next year.

Trying to hold my tongue on the peanut gallery

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 9.09.24 PM.png

@Tom Ginefra - do you recall whether the seating felt higher than stock in mine? I've had ppl ask, and I can't say given how many years it's been since I sat in a stock X1/9 Bertone seat.

Hussein, don't care about the last one. It's a Volvo guy... 🤪
Yeah, some of those Volvo PPL are such knuckleheads. He has 25K likes, so I presume he spends his day going around BaT making wise-ass comments on other auctions. Seems improbable that one could accumulate that many from actually selling & answering real questions....

I am on there a good bit. There some knowledgeable people but there are some real aholes too. They think they know cars and history but they don’t.

@lookforjoe Busy day ahead. I see the onslaught has begun.

I hope you ate your Wheaties and have your armor on.

I hope there are a bunch of later bids to extend the sale timer. Good luck today

Lol. Yeah, I'm not familiar with how these auctions flow - I do see as you pointed out there are many watchers. Probably should have watched some other auctions run their course to see what the tempo is in the last hours.

Thanks Tom.
It all depends if there are two or three folks who really want it...

Not to be morbid, but if I had built that I would arrange for my undertaker to prop my a$$ up in it for my viewing. Love it!!!

Back