What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

P_20181128_163303.jpg
I bought a custom tailored X1/9 car cover for my little pocket rocket. It seems a little loose to me but the instructions said it'll take a day or two for the creases to settle out.

Last edited:
It's like a beautiful holiday treat or ice cream sunday or something. What wheels are on this exxe? Not what I've seen you post before...

upload_2018-11-28_22-35-58.png

Trons they are! Jokes aside, I bought this ridiculously oversized generic cover at Wallyworld yesterday because I want to use it to learn sewing custom car covers. Since I plan to start over and the covers were all the same price ($24.95) irrespective of size, the glutton in me opted for the jumbo XXL. I figure I'll have enough material left over for side mirror pockets and maybe another X1/9. The brand is called "Budge". I think it's so cheap their marketing department couldn't afford the additional ink for a "t" in the name.
P_20181129_092701.jpg

I haven’t really posted much on here, but I’m guessing I’m the youngest X1/9 owner at 19 years old. Just finished buttoning up the pedal box assembly with new master cylinders a couple days ago. Just got the old alternator out yesterday and the new one showed up this afternoon. Looking forward to being able to drive the car with brakes now
64E7C58A-CC4C-4142-A7A0-AC5E2405EAB5.jpeg
DAC07572-6B05-4E60-BD2E-BF80FBC06A6D.jpeg

Yes. I even have the rear red fog light to be installed. The only thing missing is the head and Pistons. I wanted the look of the late Euro 1300, but naturally with the later 1500 engine.
You're going to have to get an iPhone because the iPhone selfie camera defaults to a mirrored image and will make you look like you converted it to right hand drive :)

Didn't work on the X. But found some good parts. X- heads helping x-heads. Thanks Mike Eastep for turning me on to his honey hole.
20181201_113014.jpg

Your welcome. All I ask in return is that after we install the manifold, and before you have the exhaust fitted to the down pipe; we ride to the exhaust shop with that open DP!

I've done it once before. Can't describe it. You just have to experience it. Lol

I haven’t really posted much on here, but I’m guessing I’m the youngest X1/9 owner at 19 years old. Just finished buttoning up the pedal box assembly with new master cylinders a couple days ago. Just got the old alternator out yesterday and the new one showed up this afternoon. Looking forward to being able to drive the car with brakes now View attachment 17229 View attachment 17230

I was 19 when I bought my X (2 days before turning 20 actually). I was 14 when I bought the 71 124 Spider though. I'm 26 now. Welcome to the latest gen of Fiat Addicts.

P_20181210_125455.jpg

Those rotted looking Bertone emblems had to go! I converted them to an M5.80 thread so I can get them off without heartburn. I loath one-way slip rings.

Last edited:
Back