What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

Went to the body shop to see the paint prep progress. It’s relatively slow going but it’s coming along. It’s been there for going on two weeks and at this rate I’ll get it home for Halloween🎃🎃

Attachments

• 1E05EAD0-31EC-474E-B325-BAA40E65D38E.jpeg
    1E05EAD0-31EC-474E-B325-BAA40E65D38E.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 113
  • E7A1667D-C473-4FB2-8ED7-00389F1C56E2.jpeg
    E7A1667D-C473-4FB2-8ED7-00389F1C56E2.jpeg
    138.7 KB · Views: 127
  • EC7BF92A-2E11-41AA-B8AB-95AA3F201388.jpeg
    EC7BF92A-2E11-41AA-B8AB-95AA3F201388.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 118
  • 1057988D-CF94-4F39-A0A9-1DEABE96069A.jpeg
    1057988D-CF94-4F39-A0A9-1DEABE96069A.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 135
  • C9891042-97FD-4F1C-8D90-4870B5C49450.jpeg
    C9891042-97FD-4F1C-8D90-4870B5C49450.jpeg
    210.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 2E3BD65F-CF77-4C8F-AA06-01E0E9809953.jpeg
    2E3BD65F-CF77-4C8F-AA06-01E0E9809953.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 132
Went to the body shop to see the paint prep progress. It’s relatively slow going but it’s coming along. It’s been there for going on two weeks and at this rate I’ll get it home for Halloween🎃🎃
if You are paying for that and I doubt it's cheap - I suggest to take out door handles and other small to get better quality of the job

Where did you get that system? Looks good.
Thanks. Kid in the bay area (Ca) was selling it a couple years ago. I realized it was pretty rare the second I saw it. Resembled a system I had on my first ('74) X. Needs '74 manifold, and very specific brackets (members to the rescue). I bead blasted it and reshot it. Anyhow, today I got some of the ancillary stuff and the belts back on the engine. Again, only possible with the help of another member (alternator bracket). That's why I stick with this site. Some great folks, willing to dig into their stash. Really helps to pay it forward.

Feel free to ask for anything X. If I have it and am not using it, I have no need to "stash" it indefinitely...a problem I have had in the past.

IMG_6744.jpg

This is the second Ansa set-up I have had, the other on a spider. That one was a single sided pipe, but it also angled up. Seems like a styling thing they did. I did have a dual exhaust on my '79 back in the day, and it stuck straight out. I do not recall what the brand was. Based on how a little pipe was recessed into the larger diameter chrome tip, I'm leaning toward an Ansa product also. Poor pic...

View attachment 50649
My local saw mine and thought they were designed to be more parallel with the ground, but I’m not sure he’s correct, as most pictures I‘ve seen of the dual Ansa system is pointed upward. Problem is, however, that exhaust gets caught in a cyclone with engine air, and gets quite stinky if the targa’s off…

Last edited:
Thanks. Kid in the bay area (Ca) was selling it a couple years ago. I realized it was pretty rare the second I saw it. Resembled a system I had on my first ('74) X. Needs '74 manifold, and very specific brackets (members to the rescue). I bead blasted it and reshot it. Anyhow, today I got some of the ancillary stuff and the belts back on the engine. Again, only possible with the help of another member (alternator bracket). That's why I stick with this site. Some great folks, willing to dig into their stash. Really helps to pay it forward.

Feel free to ask for anything X. If I have it and am not using it, I have no need to "stash" it indefinitely...a problem I have had in the past.

View attachment 50721
Well done and nice catch on that exhaust, it looks great! I'll keep your offer in mind, thanks!

My local saw mine and thought they were designed to be more parallel with the ground, but I’m not sure he’s correct, as most pictures I‘ve seen of the dual Ansa system is pointed upward. Problem is, however, that exhaust gets got in a cyclone with engine air, and gets quite stinky if the targa’s off…
Yes. And it's magical!

Did the wiper relay mod today, what a difference! I try not take the car out if it’s raining but the wipers are now working as they should they give me confidence in case it does rain when out and about…

Do you have a link for that relay assembly? Something you rigged up, or did it come that way….

Sure, the relay connecting blocks clip together along with the fuse block so you can make up whatever sized combination of relays and fuse blocks you need. Sure you can find something similar in the US.

All wiring was 20amp, I used 40amp change over relays (they where cheap) 5 pin but make and break 4 pin are just fine as well.

Did the wiper relay mod today, what a difference! I try not take the car out if it’s raining but the wipers are now working as they should they give me confidence in case it does rain when out and about…

Congrats on a job well done.

As you actually live in a damp climate you might consider bringing the connectors into the frunk rather than letting them live in the scuttle area. Those are not weathertight…

Last edited:
I finally finished repainting my engine cover and installed it today:

1974 Fiat X19 with Repainted Engine Cover - 2021_08_12R.jpg

I decided not to install the rain tray for now. I think it looks better without it and the sound is improved from the dual DCNFs.

1974 Fiat X19 Repainted Engine Cover - 2021_08_12.jpg

If I do install the rain tray, I plan to make it removeable without having to drill out 20 rivets. Since it is always parked indoors and has not been driven in the rain since 1995, I've got some time to deal with it.

Sorry for the tree shadows on the photos.

Congrats on a job well done.

As you actually live in a damp climate you might consider bringing the connectors into the frunk rather than letting them live in the scuttle area. Those are not weathertight…
unfortunately the wires aren’t long enough

thats a really tidy job love it

I finally finished repainting my engine cover and installed it today:

View attachment 50747

I decided not to install the rain tray for now. I think it looks better without it and the sound is improved from the dual DCNFs.

View attachment 50748

If I do install the rain tray, I plan to make it removeable without having to drill out 20 rivets. Since it is always parked indoors and has not been driven in the rain since 1995, I've got some time to deal with it.

Sorry for the tree shadows on the photos.
Is that an 80’s power antenna on your ‘74? Nice.

Back