What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

From that description I do not believe sending it out for cleaning will help. Sounds like the injector body is broken, with no decent repair possibilities. I'd look for a good replacement.
I would kind of like to try reseating the solenoid in the injector body, but I would rather play it safe and not have 50psi fuel spraying everywhere in the engine bay. Ill continue the hunt for a new one at a correct price ~50 would be reasonable.

HI a did some more work on inside , carpet , seat belts ,seats , speaker grills , just have steering wheel to clean up and paint , sun visors and roof latches , question there is a red switch on steering column does anyone know what this is for or could be from po.
Hello , did you paint your steering wheel ? I also plan to paint mine to white color but I want to be sure it will not come off.Which paint you will use to paint yours ?

What a difference an inch makes (left). Got spacers today. 1" rear, 3/4" front. The BWA wheels had a tight offset, the front wheels just about rubbed the front strut. The spacers solved two problems... It moved the wheels away from the struts, and they came with studs pre-fitted. So, no need to fit longer studs. BTW, the company making these things are in the USA (machine shop) and their shipping was free and only a couple days. They also did a custom configuration at my request, no extra charge. Good vendor.
IMG_1921.jpg
IMG_1925.jpg
IMG_1926.jpg

What a difference an inch makes (left). Got spacers today. 1" rear, 3/4" front. The BWA wheels had a tight offset, the front wheels just about rubbed the front strut. The spacers solved two problems... It moved the wheels away from the struts, and they came with studs pre-fitted. So, no need to fit longer studs. BTW, the company making these things are in the USA (machine shop) and their shipping was free and only a couple days. They also did a custom configuration at my request, no extra charge. Good vendor.
View attachment 56520View attachment 56521View attachment 56522
That makes a big improvement in my opinion. ;) Show us a side or angle view of the wheels with the spacers installed.

Where did you get them?

I did something similar. I had custom spacers made that were also wheel adapters. They have the Fiat bolt pattern and hub centric bore on one side, the extra width I wanted in the middle, and a different bolt pattern and center bore on the outside - to match some wheels I want to use. Also has the studs installed like yours. Plus some bolts with decreased thickness heads to mount the thinner spacers to the hubs, without interfering with the wheels.

That makes a big improvement in my opinion. ;) Show us a side or angle view of the wheels with the spacers installed.

Where did you get them?

I did something similar. I had custom spacers made that were also wheel adapters. They have the Fiat bolt pattern and hub centric bore on one side, the extra width I wanted in the middle, and a different bolt pattern and center bore on the outside - to match some wheels I want to use. Also has the studs installed like yours. Plus some bolts with decreased thickness heads to mount the thinner spacers to the hubs, without interfering with the wheels.
The company is called "Tire shop Suppliers". They are located in San Bernardino, Ca. Same name on Ebay.
They contacted me via email stating they are a full blown machine shop and can make pretty much any sized wheel spacer you need. A pair of nicely machined spacers with studs are around $75 delivered. Imagine if your left side was slightly wider than the right? For instance, they can easily make you a spacer 3/16ths smaller or larger for either side (I have yet to find any rear wheels on an X within 1/8th in. of each other. Nice to have the option.

The company is called "Tire shop Suppliers". They are located in San Bernardino, Ca. Same name on Ebay.
They contacted me via email stating they are a full blown machine shop and can make pretty much any sized wheel spacer you need. A pair of nicely machined spacers with studs are around $75 delivered. Imagine if your left side was slightly wider than the right? For instance, they can easily make you a spacer 3/16ths smaller or larger for either side (I have yet to find any rear wheels on an X within 1/8th in. of each other. Nice to have the option.
That is a good price. :)

HI finished painting my engine cover installed this morning, last picture is the paint used for the black on engine cover, works very good ,

Attachments

• F0ED6C3D-AEF8-457C-B5EC-22FA36A4C22B.jpeg
    F0ED6C3D-AEF8-457C-B5EC-22FA36A4C22B.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 140
  • CA6992A6-6DA6-4DA0-891A-E11A33970FD2.jpeg
    CA6992A6-6DA6-4DA0-891A-E11A33970FD2.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 2813652F-CB2F-4EC0-9EAC-F6E4894D2B23.jpeg
    2813652F-CB2F-4EC0-9EAC-F6E4894D2B23.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 797035B2-3761-4E29-BBC3-AFF30FB26A2A.jpeg
    797035B2-3761-4E29-BBC3-AFF30FB26A2A.jpeg
    257.6 KB · Views: 138
Got it. Thread repair kits. The pump I had came with drilled holes with metal inserts in the aluminium body. All it needed was an 8mm tapered tap with a 1.5 thread. Bought a new non Chinese made tap and had a smaller tap chuck, After tapping threads looked and felt good. Just added a bit of Loctite for security.

Did you do the paint job on the car ? Too good for a spray-can. Inside heat shield blue or missing ?
HI yes I painted the car myself ,base coat clear coat , spray can only used on engine cover , the inner heat shield is there ,under is black top is blue so when you look from the top you see the the blue , seen something similar on here and liked the idea .

Attachments

• BF74C79F-4749-4CD9-B3F0-45E68901BF37.jpeg
    BF74C79F-4749-4CD9-B3F0-45E68901BF37.jpeg
    254.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 8B4F1E55-92AA-4419-8407-4D1215CEFA33.jpeg
    8B4F1E55-92AA-4419-8407-4D1215CEFA33.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 101
More tiny detail progress today. Ordered new headlamps. Also nipped the rear posts off the little black headlamp shields, melted in small screws. Easier to mount now with small nut/crown washer than the crappy press, nuts. Starting to look like an actual car. BTW, Recardo's caps are awesome!
66285823760__49B59E79-A7A1-4F47-BBCA-FC0BDBE005EF.jpg
IMG_1933.jpg

More tiny detail progress today. Ordered new headlamps. Also nipped the rear posts off the little black headlamp shields, melted in small screws. Easier to mount now with small nut/crown washer than the crappy press, nuts. Starting to look like an actual car. BTW, Recardo's caps are awesome!
View attachment 56651View attachment 56652
I haven’t seen these done without the black accents. I see they are Alfa sized ones based on the 185/55 14 tires I see on there.

Do you have a ‘long’ shot from the side So we can see the effect?

Back