What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

HI yes I painted the car myself ,base coat clear coat , spray can only used on engine cover , the inner heat shield is there ,under is black top is blue so when you look from the top you see the the blue , seen something similar on here and liked the idea .
What kind/brand of paint did you use on the motor cover, aka high heat paint?

Have you checked the cap & rotor?
This is a good avenue, mine was stumbling and I found the carbon pin in the cap was gone so the spring was the 'electrode' to the top of the rotor making for a spark for each time the coil was discharged. It still ran but not nearly as well as it should have.

Grunge in the cap is another factor.

Save your cap and clean it up to carry as a spare lest you have one crack in the future (or buy a spare for the shelf). It has been known to happen for a variety of reasons, some not just stupid owner errors...

This is a good avenue, mine was stumbling and I found the carbon pin in the cap was gone so the spring was the 'electrode' to the top of the rotor making for a spark for each time the coil was discharged. It still ran but not nearly as well as it should have.

Grunge in the cap is another factor.

Save your cap and clean it up to carry as a spare lest you have one crack in the future (or buy a spare for the shelf). It has been known to happen for a variety of reasons, some not just stupid owner errors...
I've come across the missing carbon pin problem on a number of different vehicles. Glad they found an alternative to distributors!

This is a good avenue, mine was stumbling and I found the carbon pin in the cap was gone so the spring was the 'electrode' to the top of the rotor making for a spark for each time the coil was discharged. It still ran but not nearly as well as it should have...
Cap looks OK, springy.
Cars in the air, seats to upholsters, wheels to blaster
20230113_121906.jpg20230113_122928.jpg20230113_133603.jpg

Last edited:
What kind/brand of paint did you use on the motor cover, aka high heat paint?
HI , the blue was base clear ,the black was two part in spray can there is a bladder inside that you burst ,sun gas will not harm paint , picked up at local Napa, tried to find pictures of can . Also used on targa top .

HI , the blue was base clear ,the black was two part in spray can there is a bladder inside that you burst ,sun gas will not harm paint , picked up at local Napa, tried to find pictures of can . Also used on targa top .
engine heat won’t harm it either?

Now you've got me thinking whether I should do matte clear and return the 3 cans of gloss I bought...
Have to try finding some good pics of brand new Cromodora CD-16s

Interior update. New Midwest Bayless carpet kit installed. Not what I'd call EASY and I had some mistakes to hide, but otherwise happy with the results. Would have cleaned and dyed the original, but the passenger side was worn through to the floor. Before and after!
IMG_20230107_103943.jpg
IMG_20230107_115717.jpg

Love to see the end result. I put one in myself and fit seemed close but not great. Couple spots I'm not happy with. Like to see how you did.

Back