Windshields for Scorpions

dherr

True Classic
I am in the process of getting an insurance claim processed for a windshield. Insurance will cover it, but getting a shop to order a windshield has been a trial. First few shops say they can't get one. Finally found a shop to do it and the guy is sick and can't do it now. Looks like I can get one from MrFiat for a small fortune or order one from the UK for a reasonable cost, but the shipping is crazy. Looks like if I go the UK route the cost is the same to ship more than one windshield, so I'll probably bring in several and offer them up here.

Anyone need a new windshield for their scorpion?

Last edited:
Are you insured with Hagerty? I ask because they claim to be able to help you find hard t o find parts for your car. I always wondered how that would work out.

State Farm, I am friends with my agent and he is a car guy so I will hear what he recommends. I did reach out to MidWest but they still list as out of stock.

I am in the process of getting an insurance claim processed for a windshield. Insurance will cover it, but getting a shop to order a windshield has been a trial. First few shops say they can't get one. Finally find a shop to do it and the guy is sick and can't do it now. Looks like I can get one from MrFiat for a small fortune or order one from the UK for a reasonable cost, but the shipping is crazy. Looks like if I go the UK route the cost is the same to ship more than one windshield, so I'll probably bring in several and offer them up here.

These guys also list one at a reasonable cost:

They dont seem to indicate whether it is in stock or not....but guess you could call them....

Also....I recall a few years ago trying to find an X1/9 windshield. At the time...one of the big auto glass companies...I wanna say it was Pilkington...had a "classic" division that was kinda separate from their main operation. Somewhere down by Chicago or something. and they had at the time windshields in stock in the USA...both X1/9 and Scorpion windshields. A quick google search now found only Pilkington Classics in the UK...and they do indeed still list a MonteCarlo windshield. So maybe worth a call to the USA division....

Good luck...

I am in the process of getting an insurance claim processed for a windshield. Insurance will cover it, but getting a shop to order a windshield has been a trial. First few shops say they can't get one. Finally find a shop to do it and the guy is sick and can't do it now. Looks like I can get one from MrFiat for a small fortune or order one from the UK for a reasonable cost, but the shipping is crazy. Looks like if I go the UK route the cost is the same to ship more than one windshield, so I'll probably bring in several and offer them up here.

I could use one, privious owner attached the rear view mirror wrong and cracked mine, what's the cost look like?

These guys also list one at a reasonable cost:

They dont seem to indicate whether it is in stock or not....but guess you could call them....

Also....I recall a few years ago trying to find an X1/9 windshield. At the time...one of the big auto glass companies...I wanna say it was Pilkington...had a "classic" division that was kinda separate from their main operation. Somewhere down by Chicago or something. and they had at the time windshields in stock in the USA...both X1/9 and Scorpion windshields. A quick google search now found only Pilkington Classics in the UK...and they do indeed still list a MonteCarlo windshield. So maybe worth a call to the USA division....

Good luck...
I talked with the owner of reoriginals. He did not have any in stock and was going to let me know when he places another order. I am waiting to hear back from the UK vendor.

I could use one, privious owner attached the rear view mirror wrong and cracked mine, what's the cost look like?
I'll let you know as soon as I figure this out. Mine was cracked by the mirror as well, common problem. My 77 has a new windshield and the mirror is up on the header rail so the glass is not compromised.

I have 2 scorpions that will see the road and 2 windshields. A spare would be perfect as once could get broken at any time.

also, where is everyone located as once they are here we have to figure out how to get them. Im in florida

True, I am in Maryland so will have all of them here in Frederick. I can probably get yours down to Florida when Robert comes to get the car and we can see if he can bring your windshield down with him.

True, I am in Maryland so will have all of them here in Frederick. I can probably get yours down to Florida when Robert comes to get the car and we can see if he can bring your windshield down with him.
That works for me! Have him contact me. Especially as I am assuming he is in florida too. I have plenty of scorpion stuff

Looks like I can get these for a cost of about $400 each delivered. So if everyone wants one, I'll get this arranged and shipped to my shop here in Frederick, MD. Sounds like the only one that is not local is @Lturner7 , but at $400, you can afford to have it shipped verse the alternatives.

I will be ordering these regardless, as I'll list them on Ebay for $550 each, which will still be cheaper than any other source. So PM me if you are serious and I'll hold one for you at the lower price.

Add me to the list for one please. Levi and I can probably work something out as we are closest to each other on the left side of the country

Back