Windshields for Scorpions

First windshield was picked up this morning (thanks Jerry). Next one is being installed tomorrow on my red Scorpion for Robert and he will take the one for @BEEK down to Florida on the return trip. Ralph (NJ) is coming on the 20th to get his and that will then leave two to send out west. Dean and Levi, let me know what you are thinking in getting these shipped out to you.
Have you checked with Fastenal? They will ship anything on a pallet to another Fastenal warehouse. I know folks who shipped garden tractors…

Have you checked with Fastenal? They will ship anything on a pallet to another Fastenal warehouse. I know folks who shipped garden tractors…
I checked and they won’t ship between their eastern areas to their western areas. Thanks for the suggestion though!

I checked and they won’t ship between their eastern areas to their western areas. Thanks for the suggestion though!
I checked with Fastenal about 3-4 years ago to ship an engine from CO to CA and got a similar response. They mentioned something about doing it in the past but that their pallet shipping capability had become more restrictive.

I checked with Fastenal about 3-4 years ago to ship an engine from CO to CA and got a similar response. They mentioned something about doing it in the past but that their pallet shipping capability had become more restrictive.
Thanks, good to know.

Thanks, good to know.
Actually, Karl, you were the guy who turned me on to the Fastenal shipping capability when I was trying to figure out how to get the motor from @7982X in Fort Collins to the SF Bay Area. The post was on 8/24/2017 so I guess it was longer ago than I remember. I ended up using Fedex who was cheaper than anyone else I checked out by a fair amount - $282.10 to my door. I had the unit crated and packed in Fort Collins for $185. The Fedex guy who delivered it told me that crating the motor was an excellent idea as the ones shipped on pallets often arrive with issues. When the crate arrived, it looked more like a piece of furniture than a shipping crate so I turned it into a storage unit for my wife's painting by putting casters on the bottom and hinges for the lid. She is just hoping that I don't ever have to ship another engine in it!

IMG_7195.jpg

They are on their way!!! But don't ever say that again :)

Back