X1/9s Next to Other Vehicles

82988F1C-62AD-4D84-8766-4A43485FC964.jpeg
Next to my Honda

and my Miata. Fiat is gone sold to CNC79X19.
tempImage3jFGCz.png

308 vs X1/9 - the 308 is pretty small by today's standards..

I borrowed my friend's 308 for a day (was doing some electrical work on it) - fun car, but honestly ... I prefer driving the X1/9 a lot more (aside from the low power, however... the 308 is not really quick either!)

1612790161246.png

1612790223900.png

308 vs X1/9 - the 308 is pretty small by today's standards..

I borrowed my friend's 308 for a day (was doing some electrical work on it) - fun car, but honestly ... I prefer driving the X1/9 a lot more (aside from the low power, however... the 308 is not really quick either!)

Nice! The 308 is only a few inches wider/ longer? Is that the same as the car used back in the day in Miami Vice?

The 308 is only a few inches wider/ longer? Is that the same as the car used back in the day in Miami Vice

It's certainly wider, the engine is kinda chunky - but I wouldn't say it's much wider. This would have been the same car on Magnum PI for sure - this one is an '85 GTS Quattrovalvole, the last of the 308 series.

Here are two of my friends side by side a '76 GTB and an '80GTSi. But park a 308 beside a Ferrari California, and it's quite small! :)

1612798478210.png

It's certainly wider, the engine is kinda chunky - but I wouldn't say it's much wider. This would have been the same car on Magnum PI for sure - this one is an '85 GTS Quattrovalvole, the last of the 308 series.

Here are two of my friends side by side a '76 GTB and an '80GTSi. But park a 308 beside a Ferrari California, and it's quite small! :)

View attachment 42509
I'm impressed that the roofline of both 308's matches your X. Am I correct in recalling that you also lowered you car, slightly?
BTW I love your car! It's beautiful!

Where did you buy this X1/9? It looks just like one I serviced for a client in San Francisco a few years back!
That one is long gone. Car originally came out of Michigan. It was sold to someone in SF and subsequently sold again - maybe more than once. I've lost track of it so I don't know where it currently resides.

That one is long gone. Car originally came out of Michigan. It was sold to someone in SF and subsequently sold again - maybe more than once. I've lost track of it so I don't know where it currently resides.

Good to know, I did a lot of the work on the car for the guy who bought it in SF and then later sold it, I've been trying to track it down to keep tabs on it, it was a decent car with an okay respray. I set most of the mechanical back to stock, replaced all the brakes and installed EBC greenstuff pads, and a bunch of electrical and other finishing work.

Nice! The 308 is only a few inches wider/ longer? Is that the same as the car used back in the day in Miami Vice?

sigh. Miami Vice!!?!? Cammmmmon! haha. j/k

308 GTS was Magnum PI. Miami Vice was at first a black Daytona Spyder kit car (based on a Corvette) until that was blown up then he got a white Testarossa.

Back