1976 Scorpion; Gold

If that were my car, there is no way in the world all that stuff would go back there, it would get relocated where I could get to it, as others have done. Just another reason for me to never think of getting one of these cars!

If that were my car, there is no way in the world all that stuff would go back there, it would get relocated where I could get to it, as others have done. Just another reason for me to never think of getting one of these cars!
On a lift or jackstands if you agile to crawl under and especially if you've ditched the undershield this shouldn't be hard to reach from under the car. Not having a fuel tank back there I can put my entire body from below behind engine to do whatever (shift linkage bushings, starter, ...).

Carl you know you want one. Just think of all the crap you can rip out. Plus I saw your fuse box, you do not have any room to talk.

I was able to get a NOS fuel filter/regulator.

DSC_0030 1.JPG

New hoses and some gaskets for the carbs on order.

Sure there are inconveniences with the car, which is essentially a show car that they put into production.
Think of owning a Carabo or Modulo or Dino 206 Competizione Prototype.

I was just watching a video where Marcello Gandini was commenting on how he did not like how they altered the Alfa Romeo Montreal show car when making the production version. He said he thought the Montreal show car was as stunning as his Countach, but the production car is a dud.

I suspect Palo Martini was happy the Montecarlo production car looks as good as it does.
Lancia - 1975 london motorshow.jpg

Sorry for the delay, looks like I'm missing a nut. Two studs on the left are studs for the oem fuel filter/regulator... I think

1668825820485.png

1668825851203.png

Reactions: icr
Plan is to fit the hoses and make sure the car will start. It ran fine last time out. If no performance issues, will proceed with further restoration items, like replacing fluids and other rubber items.

That is a cool diecast model. I would love to find a black Montecarlo model.

You can change the color and plenty of wheel sets available to swap to match most anything. Here are a Montecarlo and couple 037s I began stripping today to refinish in other colors and wheels.
70F06132-135E-4AE1-81C5-51393F044E29.jpeg
31D7CE55-3E01-4A7C-8F2E-B193D43BA969.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: icr
I have not had to re-color any die-cast but had thought about it. I was on a diecast spree recently and got this to build over the winter. I did not want to have to re-paint a red one to black, so I waited until a black one came up. I will have to change the interior color, though.

IMG_1265.JPG

Over thanksgiving I got the filter and pump bolted back in place. Just need to attach the ends to the appropriate places.

Good news is the distributor checks out OK; flyweights are not frozen.

Back