Build Thread for La Bambina Azzura.

glass mounded mirrors
Perhaps something like this?
images.jpg

The Vitaloni Sebring.

Bump!
bobkat, any help would be appreciated...

I went back through the photos and unfortunately I did not take any photos of the install of the cup-holder. In hind site it may not be a great place for it on a stock trany and stock shifter. It will be fine with the VAG swap and short shifter. I wish I used one of the same style phone/coin/MP3 player versions. It may have been more useful. I did put a cup holder in the armrest and that works great and would benefit from one of the Audi style as it is much sturdier than the style I used.

Right now I just use the holder for the remote for the Head unit and in the future I may take a run at cutting that down and making it a permanent retractable control. Or find another one that will fit.

I also find not with the wheel and tires, sway bars and coilovers I am driving the car much harder than I thought I would and no cup holder is up to that task.,

This is the remote I have and it has a cup holder adapter on the bottom. It would be nice to have it retract out on that Audi mechanism.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSXjH8vIZ-QC2BIlxEQB-oCLhXV1PIq48oqGuECPdfq6_HIWQrf&usqp=CAU

Cutting up one of this style would work also.

Bluetooth Steering Wheel Controller User Manual For Head Unit

I went back through the photos and unfortunately I did not take any photos of the install of the cup-holder. In hind site it may not be a great place for it on a stock trany and stock shifter. It will be fine with the VAG swap and short shifter. I wish I used one of the same style phone/coin/MP3 player versions. It may have been more useful. I did put a cup holder in the armrest and that works great and would benefit from one of the Audi style as it is much sturdier than the style I used.

Right now I just use the holder for the remote for the Head unit and in the future I may take a run at cutting that down and making it a permanent retractable control. Or find another one that will fit.

I also find not with the wheel and tires, sway bars and coilovers I am driving the car much harder than I thought I would and no cup holder is up to that task.,

This is the remote I have and it has a cup holder adapter on the bottom. It would be nice to have it retract out on that Audi mechanism.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSXjH8vIZ-QC2BIlxEQB-oCLhXV1PIq48oqGuECPdfq6_HIWQrf&usqp=CAU

Cutting up one of this style would work also.

Bluetooth Steering Wheel Controller User Manual For Head Unit
Aha! Good point on the sway bars etc. That can account for a bumpy ride...thanks for the response and insight and taking the time to look through your photos. I do still like the cup holder design so I think I’ll try working it in somehow...

I wanted to run some daytime running lights but didn’t want to add big lights to the front. Do I 3D printing some housings for some 10W LED eagle eye lights that I is on custom moto lighting. I used them to fill the old signal light wire hole from the big oem bumpers, I was going to fill them anyway. Took a bit to get all the angles right to have the face proper. Small but very bright and on with key.
B8C9CF87-97DE-4422-BCBD-623588B8776E.jpeg
3FFB57D9-ADEF-44EA-A445-A2440A97E014.jpeg
51941705-D349-4121-9C7A-C9B797E12606.jpeg

Last edited:
Spent the day carpeting the frunk and the trunk. Rear was the hardest. Lots of funky shapes. For the frunk I added retracting tie-downs and a mesh from Audi.

here are some before and after.

Nice detail work! I guess Audi is to you what Volvo is to me :D

I have a couple tie down cargo meshes from an old Volvo - smaller - I'll have to see if it fits cleanly in my trunk, that's where it would be practical for me as I always travel with a 1/4" drive tool kit in the X

Nice detail work! I guess Audi is to you what Volvo is to me :D

I have a couple tie down cargo meshes from an old Volvo - smaller - I'll have to see if it fits cleanly in my trunk, that's where it would be practical for me as I always travel with a 1/4" drive tool kit in the X

I will be adding 4 tie downs to the rear trunk also but have a lot of exhaust work to do back there so I will wait. I have been traveling with a full tool kit, timing light, multimeter and battery backup and sick of it all sliding around. The VAG/Audi bits are just so over designed so I always seem to pick them when at the pick and pull. Could probably lift the X with these.

7DD1C979-A8DA-40E3-AB8A-5076B3550D6D.jpeg

I wanted to run some daytime running lights but didn’t want to add big lights to the front.
I have something similar. I also want daytime driving lights and bought those eagle eye LEDs to use. But I'm mounting them behind the grill for a little more 'stealthy' look. All of the holes are already filled as part of the redesigned nose, otherwise that would be an option.

Funny about those cargo retainer nets, I have a couple of them that I bought new about 20 years ago but never mounted in any of my cars. Always seemed like a good idea for several of my vehicles but just never got around to it. On the other hand I've also had a few cars that came with it (German car makers often include it), but never really used the net. I tend to not carry any spare stuff in my cars so there isn't a lot of need for the net. I remember my dad was the type that always had a full service facility and a complete car in spare parts in the trunks of all of his vehicles, but never needed any of it. So I guess I am the opposite of him.

Funny about those cargo retainer nets, I have a couple of them that I bought new about 20 years ago but never mounted in any of my cars. Always seemed like a good idea for several of my vehicles but just never got around to it. On the other hand I've also had a few cars that came with it (German car makers often include it), but never really used the net. I tend to not carry any spare stuff in my cars so there isn't a lot of need for the net. I remember my dad was the type that always had a full service facility and a complete car in spare parts in the trunks of all of his vehicles, but never needed any of it. So I guess I am the opposite of him.

its a Fiat so lots of extra parts and tools just to be safe.

Back