Here is another k20 swap.

Well I Have decided it is time to sell my x1/9,

Bring a trailer has agreed to list it but I do not have a link yet. (I will post it in For sale and wanted when I get it) I am expecting it to be in the next week or so.

I a very proud of how it turned out and I can not thank this forum and all of its members enough! This forum and its members are so extremely helpful and they share so much of what they are doing, how it worked for them and what did not work.

Here are some pics of the finished car. and a link to a video I shot.

If you would like to see any other pics let me know.
PXL_20210626_163549388.jpg
PXL_20210626_164223737.jpg
PXL_20210626_163924639.jpg
PXL_20210626_164237744.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210626_163606014.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210626_165142619.jpg
PXL_20210626_170222445.jpg

Beautiful car!

I do need to figure out how to steal your license plate, though - Volvo pickup conversions in Sweden are known as an "UTE" - so it would be perfect for mine - actually 742 UTE would be ideal - so if you see that plate locally, maybe you can lift it for me ? :D

do need to figure out how to steal your license plate, though - Volvo pickup conversions in Sweden are known as an "UTE" - so it would be perfect for mine - actually 742 UTE would be ideal - so if you see that plate locally, maybe you can lift it for me ? :D

You could get EPA TRKTR, or Americanize it to EPA TRCTR, see Wikipedia. But not too many people would get it outside of the Swedish diaspora.

Oh my, what an incredible job you have done, why in the hell sell it??? It is the ultimate X1/9!
Are you listing it with a reserve? What year is it? I love the head lights as well. Well done Karl

Oh my, what an incredible job you have done, why in the hell sell it??? It is the ultimate X1/9!
Are you listing it with a reserve? What year is it? I love the head lights as well. Well done Karl
Gosh I wish it were something I had been responsible for. It is a truely remarkable piece of work. I just posted his video of another part of his fine work.

I couldn’t imagine ever selling it. My friend Lavin performed a modification akin to this and has regretted its sale ever since.

Of course if I had his skills I would likely just start on another

For some people the enjoyment is in building a custom car, more so than owning it or driving it. To an extent I'm that way. I rarely drive any of my completed project vehicles. For me the joy is in creating my vision, how I thought the car should have been made. By the time it gets to that point I'm usually tired of looking at it and move on to another vision. I rarely keep any completed car for more than a couple years.

All I can say is that the execution of your build was exceptional. Thanks for all of the effort to share it and I hoped you enjoyed your foray into X land. I was a bit stunned that you are going to sell it after just finishing it, but good luck with it. I will follow the auction with great interest to see what a nice K20 swapped X will get. I have no immediate plans to sell mine, but eventually I will probably not be able to keep both of my X's.

I love driving it. The combination of a Honda driveline and the Fiat handling is perfect. But right now I have 7 cars and 2 2 car garages. And I have already started working on my next project. I have a very understanding wife but I don't want to push it too far.
It will be listed with a reserve. I don't know if I'm supposed to, or allowed to, say what the reserve is or not? Let's just say it's very reasonable.

As for the headlights I love them. I think they really brought the design of the car together. And they function so well. There's some of the best working headlights I've ever had in a car.

Beautiful car!

I do need to figure out how to steal your license plate, though - Volvo pickup conversions in Sweden are known as an "UTE" - so it would be perfect for mine - actually 742 UTE would be ideal - so if you see that plate locally, maybe you can lift it for me ? :D
Hm, not quite right. UTE means "outside", but it is also a negative expression for "Unpopular" or "old fashioned".
"EPA" (EnhetsPrisAktiebolaget) was a Swedish low-price chain no longer in business. There was a lack of tractors during and after WW2 so the Swedish government allowed rebuilding normal cars to tractors and by mouth they were called EPA Tractors because the conversion was quick and cheap. The government never removed the legalisation of homemade tractors and today the most common platform for an EPA tractor is Volvo 745.

I believe "UTE" is typically used as an abbreviation for "utility vehicle" or similar. I'm not sure of it's literal origins but like in Australia where they have models of car/trucks; unibody pickups made by the manufacturers from existing car models, much like the old American El Camino was. "UTE" is sort of akin to our use of "SUV" for 'sport utility vehicles'. No idea what "SUV" means in Swedish? Maybe slang for a ugly useless pig, in the way most SUVs strike me? :p

I believe "UTE" is typically used as an abbreviation for "utility vehicle" or similar. I'm not sure of it's literal origins but like in Australia where they have models of car/trucks; unibody pickups made by the manufacturers from existing car models, much like the old American El Camino was. "UTE" is sort of akin to our use of "SUV" for 'sport utility vehicles'. No idea what "SUV" means in Swedish? Maybe slang for a ugly useless pig, in the way most SUVs strike me? :p

SUV = Stupid Ugly Vehicle. 😁

Hm, not quite right. UTE means "outside", but it is also a negative expression for "Unpopular" or "old fashioned".
"EPA" (EnhetsPrisAktiebolaget) was a Swedish low-price chain no longer in business. There was a lack of tractors during and after WW2 so the Swedish government allowed rebuilding normal cars to tractors and by mouth they were called EPA Tractors because the conversion was quick and cheap. The government never removed the legalisation of homemade tractors and today the most common platform for an EPA tractor is Volvo 745.

Thanks for the education. I am confused now as to why so many ppl have referred to the pickup as an UTE, but perhaps Jeff has that down.

The listing has gone live on bring a trailer!
If you have any questions just let me know. I'm going to post this link in the for sale wanted section also.

Unfortunately the great Aussie utes are no longer being built. Virtually no Australian car industry anymore. There is now a stupid craze to drive a huge twin cab ute/pickup, including the giant US built ones.
Wow, I did not realize their tastes had changed that much.

Back