Good point. I was thinking of the ones just prior to the 'push button start' era, with the chip embedded in the head - like this:
View attachment 31463
The C5 has a unique key also. There is a slug with a resistance which makes contact with prongs in the lock cylinder and each car is programmed for a different resistance value. There is an inherent weakness in the system though. As the key is used physical wear between the contacts causes the resistance to exceed the check value and the car won't start! Very inconvenient. I bypassed mine with a soldered in resistor years ago.
P_20200502_195443.jpg

If anyone wants some Italian made 1st series ignition blanks (with plastic head!) for the X or 124 spider you can get them on ebay.

5-pack for a really good price. I ordered 5 and they look perfect to me. Just passing this along.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ERREBI-SP1...120045?hash=item5da086622d:g:-EcAAOSw8MpeWDCk

Tony

I just bought two sets of these (almost by accident bought 4, oops).

Anyway, I now have ten keys which are correct for a late model X to early Bertones. Both of my cars take the same single sided ignition key blanks.

Back