Official Member Car Picture Thread

I picked up a 79 with the exact same wheels a few months ago. I love them and they are super light.
Thanks. They seem like nice wheels. I long for the good old days with my first X when I bought (BRAND NEW, RETAIL) a set of CD30's at the import auto parts store for $60 a wheel. That $240 was all the money in the world to a college student back in the late '70's. I guess it's all relative but I still long for a set of original CD30's or Campy 4 spokes... Oh well, I guess we always want what we don't have (like a Lancia Strato's.... :))

My first post - just thought I would share my new-to-me X. Picture is of the day I brought it home. It's on a trailer because of a blown engine; but I will be changing that out for something a little different!

20191031_155517.jpg

Last edited:
Latest acquisition:

IMG_20200217_130854.jpg IMG_20200217_130903.jpg IMG_20200217_130910.jpg

It's a 1987 Bertone with electric window lifts! This is my first fuelie X. Starts and runs but has been sitting for a long time. Plan to change the timing belt, tesioner and water pump, replace all fluids, replace some aged hoses, get the brakes working properly, put on new tires and then drive it a bit. After that, who knows?

Hey, every X I've ever bought has had 6x,xxx miles. Lucky coincidence, or is that common amongst the group?

Latest acquisition:

View attachment 29460 View attachment 29461 View attachment 29462

It's a 1987 Bertone with electric window lifts! This is my first fuelie X. Starts and runs but has been sitting for a long time. Plan to change the timing belt, tesioner and water pump, replace all fluids, replace some aged hoses, get the brakes working properly, put on new tires and then drive it a bit. After that, who knows?

Hey, every X I've ever bought has had 6x,xxx miles. Lucky coincidence, or is that common amongst the group?

That spare needs to go in the storage compartment :) Congrats on the new acquisition. Clearly doesn't match the AC Coupe in the garage, yet.

That spare needs to go in the storage compartment :) Congrats on the new acquisition. Clearly doesn't match the AC Coupe in the garage, yet.
It's on the car right now because the tire on the Cromadora Phone Dial that is supposed to be there is completely trashed. I plan to swap out the wheels and tires for the short term, clean up and paint the Phone Dials, and put it all back together with new tires.

Out distracting the 2 1/2 year old granddaughter on a beautiful Spring afternoon a couple of weeks ago. We were hot on the trail for farm animal sightings in the rolling hills west of Portland. After checking out a small herd of cows, as I was strapping her back in to her car seat, she points to Nuccio's nameplate and declares that it says "I love you". I think she's right!

stay healthy, stay well. Larry
ED&X.JPG

I've been a member for a while but this is my first post. The picture is of my 1987 VS which I've owned twice, this time for 20 something years after I bought it back from the chap I sold it to. She's as Bertone made her other than for electronic ignition, relays on the headlights and an engine rebuild 2 years ago. The photo was taken on the MSA Spring Classic a few years ago which I did with a mate in the X1/9 Grand Finale you can see in the background.

Now waiting for lockdown to be eased so I can go out and use her again.

84JeffWard_MSA_4906.jpg

Hi all, first post here. Car is a 1980.

Welcome to Xweb Toddster! That looks like a pretty well preserved X. We are happy to have you with us. 👍

I hope neither of these vehicles is the monster truck that took out your 79. That would be friendly fire. 😈
ba3c_12-L.JPG
normal_X14x4.JPG

Joining Official Car Picture Thread.. thanks for the warm welcome I’ve already had from members, this was an excuse to go for a ride and take some pics. 1979 carbed, colour is Rosso Bordeaux.

My '81 has the same interior, except it looks like it's 40 years old. Yours looks like it just rolled off the assembly line! Absolutely beautiful.

I thought the tachometers in these cars always revved "backwards," i.e., counter-clockwise, the opposite of the speedometer. But yours is clockwise, like the speedo. Interesting.

Here's a pic from a random '79 I just pulled off the Internet with the usual "backwards" tach.

1598287648451.png

Back