Official Member Car Picture Thread

Charlie, you inspired me to bust out vintage pics of my first '74. Here it is parked in front of my other car. They were definitely polar opposites!
X in front of AAR.jpg

Here's mine in it's current state. Far from finished, but she doesn't look "too" bad.
I haven't yet touched the paint, and I need to freshen up some suspension components and rebuild the carb, before we head to FFO. :D
Been driving the car "frequently" for hours at a time, since the rebuilt motor was installed in September. Runs strong! Thanks to Mike Eastep for help with the block and everyone else on this forum. Couldn't have done it without the generous assistance you provide to us all. Better pictures to come when I get further along with her!

Fiat_Great Swamp.jpg

Hi,
I am Andy, new member from Sweden. I got my -81 in early 2018 so I have had three seasons with it now. The car was sold new in Sweden
with the first owner being a SAAB Viggen Fighter jet pilot, 2nd owner was his wife, it was not fast enough for him :)
I got the car from the 5th owner who had it stored for most part of the 2000-2016 period. He did rust repair quite good (more of that in a separate thread) and had it repainted in the original color 2017. I have focused on mechanical overhauling to make it run good and minimize the leakage of fluids from everywhere. Below picture is taken at an old abandoned gocart track where Ronnie Peterson raced back in the early 60'ies.
He held the record for the fastest lap until the track was retired.
1610543134217.png

This picture is from my own first attempt to race at a local track day.
1610543978795.png

Newly equipped with Toyo Proxes 185/60 on restored original rims.
1610544257142.png

And what a fantastic forum xweb is, so much to learn.

Hi,
I am Andy, new member from Sweden. I got my -81 in early 2018 so I have had three seasons with it now. The car was sold new in Sweden
with the first owner being a SAAB Viggen Fighter jet pilot, 2nd owner was his wife, it was not fast enough for him :)
I got the car from the 5th owner who had it stored for most part of the 2000-2016 period. He did rust repair quite good (more of that in a separate thread) and had it repainted in the original color 2017. I have focused on mechanical overhauling to make it run good and minimize the leakage of fluids from everywhere. Below picture is taken at an old abandoned gocart track where Ronnie Peterson raced back in the early 60'ies.
He held the record for the fastest lap until the track was retired.
View attachment 41227
This picture is from my own first attempt to race at a local track day.
View attachment 41228
Newly equipped with Toyo Proxes 185/60 on restored original rims.
View attachment 41229
And what a fantastic forum xweb is, so much to learn.
Nice car.

Very unusual luggage rack. Can you open the engine cover with that on it?

Nice car.

Very unusual luggage rack. Can you open the engine cover with that on it?
Thank you. I have been told that the rack was sold by Fiat Sweden at the time as an original option, very expensive.
I have seen it on a couple of other Swedish Xs so that might be true.
No, unfortunately is does not allow the cover to reach full open position, why I have cut a wooden stick to hold it up :)

As long as we are showing photos of green 74s, here is mine:

1974 Fiat X19 at Russian Ridge Mindigo Hill Entrance Lot- 2020_12_10.jpg

If you think that you are a lousy photographer, well at least you didn't stick your shadow in the photo like me. This was taken on a mountain top overlooking the Pacific Ocean with the sun going down which is why my shadow is as long as the car.

View attachment 41278

If you think that you are a lousy photographer, well at least you didn't stick your shadow in the photo like me. This was taken on a mountain top overlooking the Pacific Ocean with the sun going down which is why my shadow is as long as the car.

I was going to say......looks like some really tall guy is contemplating the theft of your car, although he probably wouldn't be able to get into it.

View attachment 41278

It’s funny how the myriad of wheel choices effect the look of the car. I’m not sure the ones that came with ours are staying, but they work - for now. What about yours - did they come with the car or did you add them later?

It’s funny how the myriad of wheel choices effect the look of the car. I’m not sure the ones that came with ours are staying, but they work - for now. What about yours - did they come with the car or did you add them later?
The car came from the factory with 13 x 4.5" grey steel wheels. When it was about a year old, I put on the Shelby mags with 185-70/13 Pirelli CN36 tires (no 60 series back then). The Shelby mags were the only wheels I found with the right offset not to require the factory steel spacers. Going to alloy wheels w/o spacers resulted in a large weight savings compared to the steel wheels with spacers. The original Michelin XAS tires also required inner tubes which added a little more weight to the total. The 185-70s required some minor adjustments to fit on the front. That size fills up the wheel wells much better than the 185-60s do and were actually very close to the original tire diameter (XAS were actually 82 profile based on the Michelin data). Pirelli recently reintroduced the CN36 for vintage cars but with new materials and processes. I'd actually consider them again since the choices for 185-60/13 performance street tires is pretty slim or non existent.

Back