Official Member Car Picture Thread

Oh I know all about NDAs and many other legal agreements. :)

Congrats in any case. We are happy to have you aboard. A few silver linings to Covid, we have had a few new owners who likely would never have gotten into this hobby otherwise.

Lovely car and I happen to love the orange carpet. The chrome bumpers are an interesting and unexpected touch. The wheels, well the wheels have got to go :)

Oh I know all about NDAs and many other legal agreements. :)

Congrats in any case. We are happy to have you aboard. A few silver linings to Covid, we have had a few new owners who likely would never have gotten into this hobby otherwise.

Lovely car and I happen to love the orange carpet. The chrome bumpers are an interesting and unexpected touch. The wheels, well the wheels have got to go :)
Lol. The wheels are my least favorite thing, but I’ll work on that when all the other things are fixed. Thought I was getting somewhere today with a modern lighter, buuuuuut that didn’t quite pan out. So many more things were improved on the car though than made the show, we couldn’t refuse it. Last thing we needed was to become classic-car custodians, but one thing led to the next and it seemed like the way to go.
I hope people will now understand the level of ’green’ they’re dealing with answering questions :)
At the same time, snooty know-it-all’s with ‘expert’ opinions reveal all they need to...

Last edited:
Lol. The wheels are my least favorite thing, but I’ll work on that when all the other things are fixed. Thought I was getting somewhere today with a modern lighter, buuuuuut that didn’t quite pan out. So many more things were improved on the car though than made the show, we couldn’t refuse it. Last thing we needed was to become classic-car custodians, but one thing led to the next and it seemed like the way to go.
I hope now people will understand the level of ’green’ they’re dealing with answering my questions :)

Oh we have known the level of green we have been working with :) there is no dealing here.

You have to start somewhere, I was just younger and dumber when I started owning Fiats and did more than a few utterly boneheaded moves. Hmmm, that part hasn’t really changed for me.

New member, back on the road after a long nap.
thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (4).jpg

Another new owner here.

Picked up this '78 during the summer. Last on the road in 2005. Previous owner says the engine last run 3 years ago but doesn't start now (suspecting fuel pump). Has rusty floors and a couple of other spots. Other than that my plan is to do a mechanical refurbishment and get driving.

A couple of photos of how I found it
IMG_0762.JPG

Kijiji_Ad_4.jpg

And how it's looks right now
IMG_0965.JPG

Roy

As long as we are showing photos of green 74s, here is mine:

View attachment 41278

If you think that you are a lousy photographer, well at least you didn't stick your shadow in the photo like me. This was taken on a mountain top overlooking the Pacific Ocean with the sun going down which is why my shadow is as long as the car.
were the side - dent protector trim pieces always there, running thru all three panels? Mine only cover the doors.

The dealer put them on before I saw the car. I would have preferred it without but at least he had not installed a radio and trashed the dash.

My ugly X has a double row, one above the indent, one below. They are effing ugly and to pull them means brazing lots of holes.

My ugly X has a double row, one above the indent, one below. They are effing ugly and to pull them means brazing lots of holes.
Or just glue a coin on the rear side. That is what I did on holes from big bumpers, less possibilities for rust to grow from overheated areas.

My first Fiat , 74 X,
Modified with
1500 Engine & Trans,
1980 Doors, 76 Top
1980 dash
Campy Wheels
Faza Springs
Sprint Exhaust with IAP Header
Lots and Lots of electrical tape
Sorry but I was one of those previous owners. In my defense I was only 16.

1613341209605.png

Another new owner here.

Picked up this '78 during the summer. Last on the road in 2005. Previous owner says the engine last run 3 years ago but doesn't start now (suspecting fuel pump). Has rusty floors and a couple of other spots. Other than that my plan is to do a mechanical refurbishment and get driving.

A couple of photos of how I found it
View attachment 41782
View attachment 41783

And how it's looks right now
View attachment 41784

Roy
When you have time, could you take two or three photos of where the seat belts are bolted to the B pillar, and the floor behind the seat? Thanks

When you have time, could you take two or three photos of where the seat belts are bolted to the B pillar, and the floor behind the seat? Thanks

Here's a general photo of the interior. Bottom attachment point is a box structure, open to the spare wheel well on the right side, and from underneath the car on the left.

stripped_interior.jpg

Left side lower:

IMG_1218.JPG

Right side:

IMG_1219.JPG

Top attachment point on the post:

pillar.jpg

Roy

Back