Official Member Car Picture Thread

I’ve been to some of the C&C events in STL and some of the folks really put on a show on those highway ramps exiting the event.
Some youngsters wiped out their (or their dad's) Camaro last Saturday. Got saucy making a left out of the event location, lid off the road, hit a tree, down an embankment and up against a stone retaining well. Pretty thorough excursion. There is a FB video, but I can't find a way to share it. :)

I think its an 87, heres the owner. Hes a member of this forum also.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230501_190452_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230501_190452_Facebook.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 117
Out for a drive after having some MegaSquirt injection tuning on markf's old car. It starts and idles nicely now, and doesn't bog. Lots of little adjustments over about 25-30 minutes of stationary tuning after starts and idling, and then another 20-30 minutes of driving. It's transformed now, drives "normally" now.

IMG_6253.jpeg
IMG_6251.jpeg

Out for a drive after having some MegaSquirt injection tuning on markf's old car. It starts and idles nicely now, and doesn't bog. Lots of little adjustments over about 25-30 minutes of stationary tuning after starts and idling, and then another 20-30 minutes of driving. It's transformed now, drives "normally" now.

View attachment 73346View attachment 73347
Congrats!

I will be doing something similar next spring with my Red X and will be be cadging for tips or an initial map set. Thanks.

View attachment 73346View attachment 73347
Once you have put some miles on it and worked out the tuning bugs, give us a break down of how it compares to the stock FI. I'm thinking MPG, Power, Power band, ect....

Once you have put some miles on it and worked out the tuning bugs, give us a break down of how it compares to the stock FI. I'm thinking MPG, Power, Power band, ect....

Unfortunately I'm not sure how it compares as this was a semi-hot street motor built by Markf.

Powertrain specs:
Current engine block build occurred in late 2001. Fuel+Ignition mods done 2009-2010. There’s probably < 2000 miles covered in the past 10 years.

1500 FI block bored to 87mm. Block decked .010
Crank ground .010" under, new bearings
9.2:1 pistons and rods balanced.
Lightened factory flywheel (done by PBS!)
1500 FI Head with .030" shave
Mild porting plus matching of head and intake runners
FAZA 35/75 Cam
Piper adjustable cam pulley.
Megasquirt II - v3.57SMD assembled board
Ford EDIS ignition with tooth wheel attached to modified crank pulley
Factory FI plenum, runners, fuel rail
Injectors cleaned and flow tested at build
large cone air filter and fabricated intake piping
VW Idle air control valve
Vick Auto header - ceramic coated
Custom dual-tip muffler (Camaro-type), professionally welded. No catalyst.
Rebuilt transmission using 3.59:1 Strada diff (stock is 4.08)

Unfortunately I'm not sure how it compares as this was a semi-hot street motor built by Markf.

Powertrain specs:
Current engine block build occurred in late 2001. Fuel+Ignition mods done 2009-2010. There’s probably < 2000 miles covered in the past 10 years.

1500 FI block bored to 87mm. Block decked .010
Crank ground .010" under, new bearings
9.2:1 pistons and rods balanced.
Lightened factory flywheel (done by PBS!)
1500 FI Head with .030" shave
Mild porting plus matching of head and intake runners
FAZA 35/75 Cam
Piper adjustable cam pulley.
Megasquirt II - v3.57SMD assembled board
Ford EDIS ignition with tooth wheel attached to modified crank pulley
Factory FI plenum, runners, fuel rail
Injectors cleaned and flow tested at build
large cone air filter and fabricated intake piping
VW Idle air control valve
Vick Auto header - ceramic coated
Custom dual-tip muffler (Camaro-type), professionally welded. No catalyst.
Rebuilt transmission using 3.59:1 Strada diff (stock is 4.08)
Nice setup! I would still like to know the before and after comparisons of your current build. It will still give us an idea how much better the Mega Squirt is to the Stock FI.

Back