Official Member Car Picture Thread

100 posts! :eek:

Rock and roll! 100 posts, this is now officially the largest single thread on 'Son of Xweb' :clap: :cool: :italia:

red '87

I did a lot of work of the '87 while I had it. I installed a Alquati a-15 cam (that I originally had in the blue '76 and is now in my '86), had the transmission rebuilt, replaced the clutch, & etc... Even after all my work the '87 was just never as happy as the blue X was or as my current X is now. To be fair it always did what I asked it to do but it just didn't seem to enjoy it's self. The good news is the guy I sold it to has the car looking really good now. He sent me a while back showing off it's new paint job. I'm not sure why I can't get the photo to post here so you'll just have to take my word for it...

rh.bmp

cheers - dj

Last edited:
one more try

rh.bmp
rh.bmp
rh.bmp
OK - HERE is the photo that he sent me!
RICHARDHOLLEMAN.jpg

rh.bmp
rh.bmp

By the way Thomas, did you notice the Euro marker lights on the photo of my current X??
thanks - dj

Hey Matt...

I don't have all the details and regardless... its probably a bunch of BS anyway... but its gone down in history as Automotive Folklore and therefore is now known as the TRUTH!

Harley Earl or Zora Argus Duntov or one of the big GM officials of the era stated that they wanted the first MAKO-SHARK Corvette Sting Ray painted the EXACT colors of a prized stuffed shark that he had hanging on his office wall. It was brilliantly done... and was a brilliant metallic blue that faded to a blue-silver and then to a silver from the top to bottom.

The painters took the prototype Corvette and spent quite a bit of time getting the colors just right and proudly brought it back for approval. But it just wasn't right... and Mr. Earl told them to take it back and do it again. Another week goes by and again... it just ain't right, and again... back to the spray booth. After about the 4th or 5th attempt... they rolled it back in front of Mr. Earl and he looks up at the mounted shark and back at the car and says IT'S PERFECT! It was finally done.

It was indeed a perfect match... because on on the last attempt... the painters took down the shark and painted it to match the car!

HA!

IMG_0235.jpg

Here is my 87 Bertone X1/9. I got the front license plate from Ebay. The person I bought it from had it on his Ferrari 308 when it was purchased at the dealer. I purchased the last set of 13" cromodora wheels from Chris Obert. They were in mint condition, just needed a repaint. Had the wheels repainted at wheel collission center in Bath,PA for $125 each. The wheels are painted in dupont artic silver.

Lou Teresi

Here is what I have now 79 Carb

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]Found it in Albany Or. needs some work but still fun to drive around in :headbang:

Last edited:
Pics of my 77

Lots of awesome x's out there. Heres some pics of my 77.

DSC00674.jpg"

As I bought it with the snorkel, currently hanging upsidedown in my garage.:rolleyes:

BertoneII.jpg

Interior pretty much the same, especially the shag carpet radio cover...Anyone have a stock replacement ?

Interiora.jpg

2 dcnf 40's atop 1500 upgraded by prev owner...idling still the bane of my existence but grt at wot!

Engine2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back