What did you do to your X1/9 today ?

She is back from 6 months of hibernation. New season, new fluids.
View attachment 72582
And she come out of hibernation with a new cub:
:)

Trying out a couple new decals I made…

IMG_4370.jpeg
IMG_4369.jpeg
IMG_4368.jpeg

Started some work on the cooling system again. I decided to come home for the weekend and I figured I'd get to work.

My main goal now is to lower the water pump to eliminate the priming issues, and maybe see if the original stainless steel expansion tank can coexist with the pump. The cap broke on the ford expansion tank I'm using, and suddenly I'm not so keen on the whole modern tank idea.

I didn't do anything with my X today but on my way home I saw the first X1/9 in my neigborhood in a very long time (besides mine). It was really bright red and was on CA-35 south and made a left on CA-84 east. Hopefully, he knew that in a couple of miles the road has been closed for over a month due to a slide.

Started some work on the cooling system again. I decided to come home for the weekend and I figured I'd get to work.

My main goal now is to lower the water pump to eliminate the priming issues, and maybe see if the original stainless steel expansion tank can coexist with the pump. The cap broke on the ford expansion tank I'm using, and suddenly I'm not so keen on the whole modern tank idea.
The plastic tanks used on Volvos (98-2013 range) typically only last 3-4years before they stress crack.

View attachment 72558

I figured I'd share this photo my friend Alvin (white 124) posted of a recent fiat group track day.

Not sure if this X is around here, but it looked like a lot of fun!
That's me :) it was at a monthly event at Speedsportz kart track outside houston with all kinds of cars. X1/9 did great! Alvin's a really nice guy, want to get some pax laps with him next time.
569A8910.jpg

Wow, nice. How long would you expect it to take for Chris to restore an X19?
Work started on it last September. He does have other clients and I also had a laundry list of things I wanted done for this car (which hadn't run in over 30 years). New paint, new upholstery, fuel injection conversion, Kraus bumpers, different wheels that also had to be purchased and refinished etc. Ultimately it comes down to what shape the car is in and what your budget is. If you can't pay all upfront (like me!) the work is done month by month and you are invoiced each month.

I was in his workshop yesterday and he has a 124 Spider and another X 1/9 that are up for sale and good candidates for restoration. Just sayin' :D

That's me :) it was at a monthly event at Speedsportz kart track outside houston with all kinds of cars. X1/9 did great! Alvin's a really nice guy, want to get some pax laps with him next time. View attachment 72715
Oh wow, I didn't realize you are so close. Most of the modern fiat owners I know are from the Houston area as well, which is neat. I'm not sure if you've connected with or are a part of that group.

Alvin's a great guy, quite the character. He does own multiple fiats after all.

As always, your X looks fantastic 😊

Back